Old 12-14-2007, 08:51 PM
stensonb
Lurker

stensonb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ready to throw it against the wall...

hi all -

i just purchased a 6700 on eBay...other than a few cosmetic issues, it looks like its working...wifi - check, bluetooth - check, usb interface - ...

usb interface - ....

uh, the usb plug works because i can charge the phone...it correctly charges the phone when i plug it into the wall converter or with the usb cable to my computer.

upon plugging into the computer, however, i'm expecting some sort of response..."unknown hardware" or something like that. nothing.

i take a look at the device manager...no yellow exclamation marks or red errors...

i've tried a different usb cable...no luck.

i've even downloaded and installed activesync 4.5 from microsoft...didn't think software would make much of a difference, but i figured i would try...no luck.

i even plugged it into my linux server and did a "lsusb" command...there is NOTHING plugged into the usb port.

So I turn to you PPCGeeks for help. Please tell me its something silly like "you should turn it on" or "the battery must be installed" or "activesync only works on tuesday evenings from 11pm until 1am PST."

Right now, I'm looking for anything (eagerly ready to flash ROM to Helmi's Kitchen!)

Thanks all!