View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 05:23 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (28002/21869) |Nov21| Sense 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcsho View Post
Hey all... Been gone for a while but back with problems once again. Everything seems to be great except for the weather in sense 2.5. My gps is messed (freaking refurbes) up and it wont update unless i drive to another town. It also wont work at all on my girls TD. Basically what im asking is, is it possible to make my TP update from the towers when I hit update instead of it using gps? And any ideas on the TD?
I have a theory about this and have posted elsewhere about it. I have the same problem with my weather not updating when I'm at my house because I have a Spring Airave femtocell. Since the location service is based on info from the cell towers and not GPS, and the airave does not broadcast that info, you will not get location based updates as long as you are within the airave coverage area.

Don't have an Airave? You may still be in the coverage area if one of your neighbors have one. Dial *99 send and if you hear a message that you are within airave coverage, then that is your problem.

Once I leave the coverage area (a few hundred feet away from my house) I can get my weather to update. It continues to update hourly as long as I'm away but once I get back home, the updates stop.

Now, I manually added my city and that one will update though.

David

Edit: Just saw that you are not on sprint. However, if it used to be a sprint phone, it may still be trying to connect to the airave.
BTW, where the heck is "Tiny Piney" TN? I'm in Knoxville. Is that near Ducktown?

Last edited by DaveTN; 11-26-2009 at 05:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.