View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:39 PM
flipzmode
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 11/22/09-0.5d | fresh rom | Major Fixes - Read Inside

Strange... and confirmed. I can adb remount and push and pull files all day long through my comp. But apps that require root are failing. Could explain wifi tether. Dang it. I was hoping I could sit on 0.5d for a little while. lol

Looks like I won't be getting any time off. Ha.

Edit again:

Reroot if you need to use any apps that require root. Check post 2 for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokair View Post
I don't have this installed at the moment because Bluetooth media is important to me... But, over on XDA, dametzg just reported that after his install of .5d his hero was not longer rooted... Appears to me from his quote that it might be a strange mix of both rooted (from PC) and Not (from the device). I know that sounds strange but I am coping his post below.

Qoute::
I just updated to this from MoDaCo 1.1 and it's working great so far. One thing I noticed though is that my phone was no longer rooted after installing. I only noticed it because a few of the apps I use that require root weren't working like they should. Adb shell showed the # sign like it was still rooted on my PC, but if I opened Terminal Emulator on the phone, it wouldn't change from $ to # when I typed in su. I went through the steps to root again and everything seems to be working fine now. Could this be what's causing the problem with the WiFi Tether?

Last edited by flipzmode; 11-22-2009 at 02:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.