View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Adrianh85
Serving the Metro DC Area

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: << TP2 for Dummies >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudog View Post
If I flash a ROM, is that the software or firmware?
Will a hard reset always bring me back to OEM?
What is referred to as a radio?
How to lock the touch screen? (buttons get push when holstering)
Do I need to unlock, why or why not?
My GPS location is off by , . . oh, about 60 miles? Why, how to fix?
What is a “Sticky”?
1. flashing ur phone can be a sofware and firmware!! the rom(winmo os) is sofware but the radios(cdma,gsm,sim unlock,hspl) are more firmware based!

2.hard resetting will brang u back to the base of the last rom flashed!! after a hspl unlock and a custom rom is flashed, theonly way to go back to oem is to flash stock rom and use the hspl relocker! Must be done before taking back to store for repair!!

3. all winmo flavors have a embeded lock there are also 3party locks(ie S2L,throttlelock)4. u only need to unlock ur device if u want to flash custom roms! point blank! u do not have to unlock a phone to move to a differnet carrier(like sprint to verizon)

4.search for cab call quickgps!! and search for gps lock fix there is a guide so u can input server addresses to get faster and more accuate connections

5.means will never move . just important info that everyone needs to alway be able to find fast without searching! (eventhough i have made post like such but never have made to sticky status)

once u read this reply please dont forget to hit that thank you button all the way to the right!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 11-19-2009 at 05:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.