View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
tek818
PPCGeeks Regular

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

This "licensing" SPL unlocking process is very flawed and bordering on SHADY.

I got a replacement phone today, after successfully re-locking my original phone. I got the replacement phone home, went on my desktop, and went to install HSPL, of course got the message that I had already unlocked a phone. Sure... I did, but I relocked it. That's fine, so flag my IP address and/or unique identifier for my workstation, again fine.

Now here is what is NOT fine. I hooked the replacement phone up to my laptop, connected on my neighbor's wireless lan (with permission), and STILL can't install HSPL. So different computer, different WAN IP address... what could have been flagged by their "licensing" system?

So I took my phone to a client's office and went for attempt #3... new computer, new wan ip, new isp, pc STILL showing that I had already unlocked a phone.

Conclusion: Once I tried to install HSPL on my replacement phone from a PC that had already unlocked my previous phone, the "licensing" system has FLAGGED the IMEI of my NEW phone, and will not allow it to be unlocked without paying for it; or submitting a ticket and WAITING.

My thoughts: We have been allowed to operate in this legally gray area for years, doing things such as HSPL and ROM cooking. I believe this new for-profit "enterprise" of OliPro and cmonex is going to be the beginning of the end for such behavior...

How long till we need an unlocker for the unlocker?

Last edited by tek818; 11-16-2009 at 08:44 PM.