View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
QrafTee
N00b

QrafTee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got kicked out of a Sprint service and repair center!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiass View Post
I think some people here don't know how a customer service representative (csr) is supposed to act. I honestly think mbritt80 was not in the wrong. Maybe he was heated, maybe he was angry, maybe he was intimidating, and then again, maybe he wasn't. None of it matters. He's the customer. In a way, he's allowed to act that way. The Sprint's store rep was in the wrong from the moment he lost any of his control. CSRs are supposed to be the calm and collected person in the situation. That's what they are for. ESPECIALLY cell phone companies since everybody seems to love them . People don't think this way anymore. We are customers. We may not always get what we want, but times past have shown that we can raise hell and expect there to be a compromise because the customer is always right. Yes the csr's hands may be tied, that's why you tell the customer that and help them understand it, but then you offer solutions to the problem, because that is what the customer wants and needs to hear.

In regards to the eye-contact, whoever said that eye-contact in a heated situation almost always leads to fights, you are a complete moron and I hope you don't work in customer service. A lack of eye contact shows disrespect and a lack of self-respect. "Eye contact issues" are the ***** way out, it lets you blame it one something else besides your own lacking-ness (not a word but it makes sense).The ability to look someone straight in the eye while keeping your cool in just about every situation is a MUST for ANY csr.

So anyways, mbritt80 I hope everything works out for ya. Sounds like you keep getting royally f*cked. What's double f*cked is that retentions didn't take your side. That's not very retention-like. I would say you need to take the offensive now and start attacking Sprint. Get as high up the food-chain as you can and make sure you raise hell enough. And maybe you'll get some extra-special goodness for having to go through all this bs.
I'm sorry, but CSR are people too and they too have limitations. There is a level of professionalism expected from them, but if you're rude and consistently rude; you cannot just expect the customer to be "always right." From personal experience, I know that in many cases the customers are downright wrong.

And depending on how you view other people, the lack of eye contact could be just submission or frustration while eye contact can be an aggressive behavior. It's not "black and white." It's the entirety of one's body language, tone, and voice can one really see it one way or another.