View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
mercado79
PPCGeeks Regular

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Errors in Program Shortcuts (Name/Icon) - UPDATE: Fix Available if Rooted

I'm at my wits end about this and was hoping someone might have some ideas as to how to fix this.

Basically, on two occasions, my phone has thrown errors that look like this:

Quote:
Sorry!
The application com.dalejefferson.newspapers (process com.dalejefferson.newspapers) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force close
While annoying, it's not really that big of a deal to me. The problem is that when this happens, other shortcuts (both in the apps menu and on the various screens) get renamed.

The first time this happened, the "force close" error happened to the NY Times app. Afterwards, every time I'd try to open the program, I'd get the same error message. In addition to that, two other apps got renamed. Dolphin browser was one. It was renamed to "Login Sucess." Even weirder was that even though I had Dolphin set up as the default browser, the "Login Sucess." browser would ask me if I wanted to set it as the default browser. Strange. Another program that had it's shortcut changed was FB Reader.

So, what I did the first time was uninstall the NY Times app and decided not to reinstall it. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin Browser and FBReader. Everything seemed to work fine again.

That was two days ago. Then today a similar error happened. This time the program was Newspaper. I don't remember opening the Newspaper app (though maybe it was still running from earlier in the day). When the error happened, several apps got their shortcuts renamed including Dolphin again, FBReader again, AndOrb, Nubinews, and Newspaper. Here's what I see in the Programs list:

com.dalejefferson.newspapers,3.0.9
com.development.androrb,0.3.0
com.nubinews.fullreader,5.9
org.geometerplus.zlibrary.ui.android,0.5.27
Login success.,1.2.1

What the heck is going on?! I'm guessing I have some kind of corrupt memory and so I'm leaning towards doing a hard reset. That would be a pain, of course. So, I'm totally open to your ideas. Has anyone seen something like this?

Hit me with some THANKS!

Last edited by mercado79; 11-11-2009 at 12:07 AM.