View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 AM
sfhub
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Well 2 days ago my GPS died again while running 1014. I tried different ROMs and nothing: GPS will make the phone reboot as soon as a lock is acquired. None of the current ROMs could fix this issue. Good thing I kept a system backup of 0920. Flashed back and restored backup. GPS seems to work but does not lock... maybe I have a defective chip. I'm not willing to try 1025 yet, way too many horror stories with the messaging freezing and the task manager not being available (like before). I guess I'll wait on 0920 until something better pops up.
GPS is locking up, reseting, and/or not updating for lots of people on different carriers, Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, etc.

You can read about it in this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926

It appears the QuickGPS data set some time after 10/28/09 is a party to the problem. Best workarounds so far are either to use an older QuickGPS data set, or install the latest Sprint Radio 1.12.34F.
This post has been thanked 2 times.