View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 PM
bookerx3
N00b

bookerx3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgordie View Post
10/16/2009 03:40:52PM Sprint Agent: "What web site did you see where Sprint was allowing people to change phone for the HTC touch pro?"
10/16/2009 03:43:53PM Me: "there are several spritusers.com, xda-developers, ppc geeks, i have just googled the issues i am having so that i can fix them and i see all these posts that they have had their phone replaced with a different model. some even show a policy (don't know if it is legit) from sprint showing that sprint knows there is problems with the touch pro and to actively start replacing them with other devices"
10/16/2009 03:44:55PM Me: "http://i34.tinypic.com/25f1xzq.jpg"
10/16/2009 03:45:50PM Me: "that is a link from one of the sites"
10/16/2009 03:46:58PM Sprint Agent: "I do apologize, Unfortunately those site that you have received that information is not Sprint site, I do apologize due to the fact that you have insurance on the account you can have the phone replaced or you can have technical support to fix the issue for you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
why would you tell them about the websites? this was for members here, we don't need sprint looking at this site.
Agreed, that was not the best way to go about it. Letting them know that you have seen the WEL list and that websites are talking about this is the worst thing you could do. Ofcourse Sprint will deny till they die that the list that leaked is not official and neither is the policy.

People need to stop printing and/or telling reps about the WEL list. All you can do is take it into a repair center, if they do not offer you a list of replacements then move on to another store. Alerting them you are aware of the list is just going to upset them and most likely turn you down.

Last edited by bookerx3; 10-31-2009 at 06:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.