PPCGeeks Regular

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134
Re: Will not connect to PC anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalan View Post
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. It has connected to both ActiveSync and WMDC in the past on an XP machine and a Vista machine.

Now, however, when I connect it to the computer (Vista 32-bit) with WMDC with a USB cable, I get nothing but the charging indicator.

I am no longer prompted whether I want to connect using ActiveSync or as drive access. (I've confirmed that the setting is set to ask me my preference on that). I have also confirmed that the connections setting to connect via USB to the PC is checked.

When I disconnect the USB cable, the charge light goes away. When I connect it again, the charge light comes back. I have tested 4 different USB cables on 3 different PC's. Same result.

After trying everything that I can think of, I did a HARD reset. The first thing that I did after the restart of the hard reset was plug it into the computer. Nothing. I only get the charging indicator.

Any ideas?
I had a similar problem. If you have another device try to connected to make sure the USB wires are not at fault. if you establish a connection with another device using the same wires it means your touch pro 2 mini usb connection is damage.
I was getting the same problem my device would only be able to charge and not establish connection. I call sprint to get a replacement.