View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:59 AM
murducky
Regular 'Geeker

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Guide] USCC TP to EnergyROM

Seeing how there is not a lot of support for us USCC peeps. I have decided to put together this thread to help fellow USCC.

This Guide will help you USCC HARDSPL your Phone, Flash your Phone and get your Data & MMS working.

***Warning*** I take no responsibility for you using and/or following this guide, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF you brick you phone it's your fault. READ READ READ and if you think you are ready READ some more!!

Post 1: Guide
Post 2: Radio Info
Post 3: Tweaks
Post 4: Saved (TBA)

Quick Info

USCC Touch Pro
Name: Herman (Raphael is the name of GSM Version the TouchPro)
CDMA Phone
VGA Device

Save all of the files you download, you will need to go back to them from time to time. I would recommend creating a Herman Folder on your PC save all files there.

Step 1. HARDSPL your phone.

You will want to read this guide: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

READ READ READ READ.. THEN READ SOME MORE

The file you will need for your USCC phone are : Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.zip and Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.zip (attached)

Follow the instructions and HARDSPL your phone.

Step 2. Download a USCC Stock Rom

Go to HTC Support site look for HTC Touch Pro (US Cellular) ROM 1.08.573.2 download here:
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...8&act=sd&cat=2

Step 3. Download EnergyRom

In my opinion EnergyRom is the S**t I have tried others but always come back to NRG.

EnergyRom Thread is here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69545

Post 1 will have the link to the roms, download and extract the version of the rom you want.

Step 4. Flash via SD Card.

Make sure you have already HARDSPL'd your phone, if not you will brick your phone.

Copy the RAPHIMG.nbh from the extracted zip file your downloaded in step 3 to the ROOT of your SD Card.

Great Guide from cornelious on the flashing process, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 , the below taken from him. Read their full post !

FLASHING

Now that the hard part is over lets move on to flashing. Once you unlock your phone, flashing is basically the same concept. The only real difference now is that your phone is unlocked so you don’t need to use the HardSPL. Since we do not need this anymore we need to know how to access the phones proper boot loader. Doing this is quite simple.

Hold the power button and volume down while soft resetting your phone. Continue to hold volume down and power until you see a screen that has 3 colored bars covering the top 2/3s of the screen. (thanks for the typo catch razor)

If you have a file named RAPHIMG.nbh on your sd card this screen will only flash briefly and then give you a message that says press power to flash. Now, lets soft reset our phones at this point to start the prep for flashing your phone.

To flash a custom rom from the sd card first you need to find the nbh file from whichever rom you want to flash. The tricky part is that the chief might package it in any number of ways.

In zip/rar form, self-extracting exe, in an RUU folder, any combination of the above (and more) or just as the nbh file. Either way it is your responsibility to figure out how to get this nbh. More often than not pocket rar can open up any compression/packaging methods.

(we already did this)

Once you have the nbh file out of the rom package you need to name it RAPHIMG.nbh *note* depending on the environment you are in when you do this (on your phone, on the computer from an sdcard, using something other than file explore ect.) you may or may not see file extensions. Depending on what you are supposed to see on you sd card it will either show up as RAPHIMG or RAPHIMG.nbh. This file needs to be placed directly on your sd card in the same fashion as the unlocker nbh from the above guide (on the root of the storage card).

(NRG already preps his nbh file names for us RAPHIMG.nbh so all we have to do is copy it to root of your SD card)

Now that we have the nbh file named correctly on the sd card now comes time to perform the flash. Hold power and volume down while soft resetting. Keep holding power and volume down until you see the screen briefly flash the red green blue screen prompt you with a grey screen that says basically press power to flash or enter to quit. Press power and you will see a loading bar. When it gets all the way across it will stop at this point. Once you see “update succeeded” and not before. You can soft reset your phone. Congratulations your phone is now custom. Now all that is left is to set up your contacts and apps the way you like them.

Step 5. Hard Reset after a flash
Whenever you flash to a new rom or updated rom, let the setup run, you will want to perform a hard reset. To do this go to Start > Settings > System > Wipe Device

Now many perform the "flash dance" where as before flashing to an updated rom. they flash back to a stock rom, then flash to the new rom, perform a hard rest.

I have tired this and found it is not need, but this is me. I always do a hard reset after a flash.

Step 6. Data & Phone codes

Out of the box EnergyRom should be configured for our data, You do not need to install the DCD USCC Carrier Cab (I have attached it though). I find it causes more data issues then it fixes.

I do dial *228 and press talk and perform a roaming list update

Install Dan-htc-touch fix ## codes.cab (attached), soft reset, now you have phone codes

Step 7. SMS & MMS

Out of the box SMS works but MMS does not.

MMS For Manila 2.1
You will need to install "Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab" (attached in FixUSCMMS.zip), soft reset.

Install JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22.cab (attached in FixUSCMMS.zip)

Using Total Commander open (which installs) this reg edit ArcSoft MMS UA.reg (attached in FixUSCMMS.zip) Soft reset.

You now have MMS

Here is the Server info for those of you who want it:
You can add a server if you do not want to push the reg key via SMS / MMS > options > MMS Options > Servers Tab > New

Enter the below info

Server name: usc
gateway: left blank
port number: 80
Server address: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
Connect via: Network
Send Limit: 500k

MMS for Manila 2.5
Here are my findings.

*Update* Do not need to install any cabs, or disable HTC Messaging
(Thanks the work OF THE PPCGEEKS COMMUNITY)

JUST GO TO MESSAGING TAB>ALL MESSAGES>MENU>SETTINGS>OPTIONS>MENU>MMS SERVER

Server name: USC
Gateway: (Leave blank)
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS?X-USC-MDN=your 10 digit number here (example: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS?X-USC-MDN=5415551234
Connect Via:My ISP (or USC Or whatever your data connection is)
Send Limit: 1024 KB
WAP: None

Then click Done.

Set USC as Default. Soft Reset.

Step 8. GPS Settings

Your location setting must be turn ON for GPS to work. For time to time some builds of EnergyROM this setting is set to OFF.

To turn on Location go to:

Start > Settings > Personal > Phone > Services > Location Setting > Get Settings > Turn ON

Soft Reset You will now have GPS.

QuickGPS - IS a program that can speed up the time for determining your GPS postion by downloading the latest satelitie data via data or internet connection.

EnergyROM has QuickGPS access the program via Start > GPS > QuickGPS > Download

Step 9. Customize

You should be good to go now. Learn how to use Sashimi to push all of your settings every time you flash check out my User Customization Backup for Touch Pro using Sashimi http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75214

Step 10. I need to flash back to stock and re lock for warranty.

Well in step 2, you download the stock rom. Flash to it. Then follow this guide to re lock your phone.

Great Guide from cornelious on the re-locking process, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 , the below taken from him. Read their full post

RELOCKING

Relocking is actually MUCH easier than unlocking. There is really just two steps.

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificats are signes wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) entering bootloader by using the sspl exe linked above, flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash except for your mode of entering bootloader. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

A few people have mentioned hitting the unbootable cycle when relocking just like when unlocking. if this happens, just flash the stock shipped rom again.

Use Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.zip (attached)

*note* The USCC stock ROM version, includes a boot-loader, Rom and Radio, but it does not flash your HARDSPL, you will need to re lock using the info above.

Hope this helps, Good luck USCC Peeps!

Last edited by murducky; 01-10-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added MMS info for Manila 2.5
This post has been thanked 10 times.