View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
I can confirm that. I used to use mobile shell with every rom I flashed. I had the same problem of increased battery consumption accross the board. Recently, I stopped using the shell and have opted to run the roms as is. Don't get me wrong. Mobile shell is great, but for me the additional battery consumption as well as the setup time to put everything back where you want after a flash, was just not worth it (I have grown lazy in my old age). On the otherhand, if you are just now experiencing mobile shell for the first time, I highly encourage you keep playing with it. There are tons of things you can do and ways to customize it, thanks to a number of individuals on here as well as places like XDA. Have fun with it.
If you use the registry editor and backup SPB keys you can import them right back and you won't have to set everything back up again.
The keys tell SPB shell where to put everything and you won't even have to soft reset device.
Just so you know.