View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 20th | Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The dialer works fine, IMO, with normal usage. If I remember your issue correctly, you found dialer crashes when you tried to end an accidental call too quickly, pushing end before the call connects. I can reproduce your issue with 920 but IMO this is a dialer or user issue, not ROM. If you find 811 works for you and that specific circumstance then that sounds like the build for you. Glad you still get to enjoy Energy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
Well, what I thought was the sliding application, turns out not to be the case. It is, in fact, as you pointed out - the delay in the call connection. By the time the gray slider drops out of the way, the call is connected, and it works every time. It's just a timing issue. Clicking end (soft or hard) key before the connection is complete crashes it every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
I'm seeing this also. is there a fix anywhere?
ahuskins-I dont think so either but it may be worth trying?

Shaolin-dont know if you saw the continued discusssion...the dialer is fine, IMHO. Are you seeing the end key not working AFTER the call connects or if you push it quickly (like if you dial a number by mistake) before the call connects? The fix is dont call anyone by mistake jk.
I can recreate this when I INTENTIONALLY make it happen, hitting end when the screen says "dialing" (the call may or may have not connected) but even then not consistently. The only "fix" I can suggest is if you think you've dialed a number by mistake, hit the HARD end key, haven't tried it on 920 but it worked in the past.