View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 AM
chuckz07
VIP Member

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Owners Please Read...

With this newly developed device we are all jumping right in and modding and tweaking. To the members who are either new to windows mobile (TP2 being your first device) or have just joined this site please do some trial and error on your own. I'm only writing this thread because I have noticed alot of new members (and some older ones too) that have gotten their device and just jumped right in. Throwing cab after cab and tweaking right and left. Now the majority of what there is to read is, "My device isn't working right". To all the new windows mobile users, you really should use the phone right out of the box before you start modding and tweaking. We have all already seen from others experiences that some older mods work and some don't and even some work half way. I know I don't have the only device that was built and programmed perfect! But every time I read where someone was having issues, I started testing those issues on my device and was not experiencing the problems or issues. After pages and pages of complaints, so far it has ended up being a cab (or several) or reg edits that was installed creating the issues. I enjoy this site and I learn from my mistakes, all others mistakes and the wisdom that each and everyone brings. I myself would like to see more members doing their own trial and error when they start experiencing problems. It's easy, start un-installing cabs till you find which one caused your problem. Then instead of posting problems you can post fixes even if the fix is letting the community know there might be a compatibility issue with a particular cab, mod, or reg edit and so forth. Atleast that way when it is announced, someone with greater knowledge and skills can look into the cabs and such to try and fix it if possible. And furthermore (and this has been stated over and over)...Please read before you post!

I look forward to the unlocker as every other TP2 owner does. And when that happens there are going to be more problems and issues. But I personally would like to see more members helping themselves find the answer instead of just installing everything they see and expecting someone to figure out why their phone doesn't work. I am not saying you can't ask for help. But the more information you can provide about the problem or issue, the more help that the members can give. Yes, some issues may be either HTC or the carriers fault but that cannot be determined when there is a list of installed software.

I apologize up front if it sounds as though I am rambling on and on!!! My intent is to also not sound like a jerk.

Mods, if you feel my statements are unnecessary, please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks to all!
This post has been thanked 12 times.