View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Exil3d
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
Exil3d... after reading this and the huge post before it, i think the issue could be a little misunderstood. This thread should be closed. We need a new thread/poll, created by a mod would be best, to show people how to test and so we can gather some real information (a link to this thread would be nice just so people can read up on the discovery). The camera thing may be showing an issue with a camera under dark conditions, not with the display as we are currently thinking.

In my opinion... people should be doing separate tests for the camera and the screen itself. Maybe provide black and white images in the original post, so people can check the display (just like the user i quoted did)... also, if the issue is just for the camera with some people, they should actually take a pic and see if there are stuck pixels in the results.

Just honest and simple suggestions. At this point, although i believe there are phones out there with stuck pixels, i think this thread has confused a lot of people, including myself.

Exil3d, if you truly want the best/honest results about the tp2 pixel problem, i think you'd agree to this. Although i don't have problems with my display, i still want to see how many are affected because i will be purchasing at least 1 more. A more detailed poll would be nice too... like the different levels of the issue. The current poll does nothing for us. It doesn't alert people if they'd notice anything during regular use or not. A stuck pixel that shows up with regular use would surely be considered more of an issue than a pixel that only shows up when using the camera under blacked out conditions...

Examples of choices for an informative poll:
- stuck pixels are visible during regular use
- stuck pixels are only visible on very white/black screens
- stuck pixel are only visible using camera test
- stuck pixels show up on both camera and screen tests
- no stuck pixels here

Anyone else think we should redo this, in an effort to get to the bottom of the issues???
Sound like a good idea. But personally I like polls easy for even a caveman. A simple yes theres pixel problems and No, flawless LCd like it should be. But go ahead, start another thread and see how that dat comes out. It wont hurt. Some people might get more angry since they wish not to hear anything bad about the Pro 2 but then again, who cares.. they are the minority.