View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:15 PM
erkme73
PPCGeeks Regular

erkme73 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
This happens occasionally. Did you do the whole flash to stock, hard reset, flash energy, hard reset, soft reset thing?
Yup - went to the stock shipped rom from sprint. I let it run through the full customizations, then did a HR. Flashed NRG 9/5, HR, then proceeded with normal app installs... That was all last night. This AM after it did it's own HR, I did a re-flash of the NRG 9/5. It seemed stable for most of the morning, but after installing 5 apps and running it did the HR again on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Yea, I'd try the stock flash again, with the hard resets as was just suggested. If you're really hitting a wall with it, try going to Stock and running Stock for a bit to see if the device locks up...then proceed.

I wouldn't freak yet...just flash Stock, hard reset, flash NRG, and hard reset again.
Flashing to stock Sprint shipped rom now. I'll leave that on until tonight (or sooner if I can't stand to wait).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
So they reported that you should be able to Reinstall ROMS at least 10,000 times without having a problem. While most of us are ROM junkies, I doubt that most are THAT bad.

If you are worried about something being on the SD card that is screwing it up, then try this. Copy everything from the SD Card to your hard drive in a back up folder. Then go to Start/Settings/System/Wipe Device. Chose format, but also make sure to check Format card also. This way, when it does a hard reset, it will also format the SD Card so that there is nothing on it that could cause you to conflict.

Then go ahead, and install the apps from you back up folder one at a time, and soft reset after each install, and see which app is causing you problems. its a bit of a pain, but once you do it, you can get rid of that cab file, instead of not knowing what is causing it.

I will try that too... thanks to all.