View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspenc3 View Post
Last night I had a MAJOR slowdown of the phone during a usb activesync. It didn't respond to screen or button presses for 20-30 seconds, then it cought up with itself when the sync was done (which seems to take a long time for no changes, but perhaps it's just looking through my decent size contact/calendar listings). I then did a manual sync and it happened again, so I undocked it and it immediately sped back up. The rom I built is fairly basic, with mohairsoft calendar+ 2.7 and spb mobile shell (including embedded spb phone tools and spb weather) on the today screen. Nothing else was running in the background (but perhaps pocket outlook and activesync).

Any thoughts?
SPB apps can be resource hogs and I am unfamiliar with the other app. If you have time, please build a ROM without any additions to it (use the stock selections.txt) and see if you still get the same issue. If not then it is a problem relating to one of those applications (or the combination of them).

But MS has gone on record saying that there are performance issues when you have a very large contacts database (more than 100 or so), so that could come into play as well.