View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Biker1
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint warranty (keyboard doesn't work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhy View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. To clarify, my phone right now is the original NIB one that I purchased from Sprint (new contract & switched from another carrier when I got this phone). It's not refurbished, but the one with which they're offering to replace it is refurbished, and the replacement would carry only a 30 day warranty. (The warranty I have right now, if I don't accept the replacement, is one year from the date ofriginal purchase, which would give me a few more months). Sounds like the way to go is to try to fix it myself, and/or accept the replacement and get insurance on the replacement. Thanks, everyone!
I would e chat with Sprint regarding the warranty issue on a replacement device , if it were to be a refurbished unit.
Considering your current device has a one year warranty on it, replacing it with a refurbished unit may start a new warranty which is 30 days on refurbished units.
You may be able to talk them into giving you a new replacement.
The issue is that they may tell you to send the device back to HTC for warranty service which would enable the one year warranty to remain in effect.
Another issue is that you don't have TEP.
If you did, Sprint is usually very amicable in replacing your device in store even though it is a manufacturers warranty issue.
They have done it with me a couple of times. Although, I don't know how they wrote the ticket up, whether as a manufacturing problem or a TEP issue. I guess whatever is better for Sprint.
With e chat, you will have a written record of your conversation.
I have received refurbished units and they look as good as new, at least in my case with my Diamond.
As was previously said, you may not want to send your Pro back to HTC due to the possible lengthly turn around time.
As for in store repair, as long as the repair is doable, such as in your case, getting it done sometimes depends on the Manager and the technician.
Whether the Manager wants to bother given time constraints and whether the technician is capable of doing the repair.
As you stated, you can always try another store for repair, considering your 1 year warranty would remain in effect.
I would e chat first and get the story straight regarding your warranty concerns and go from there.
In closing, you are iobviously in an iffy area. So you need game plan.
Decide what you would like to do, and then you will know better of how to proceed and achieve your goal.
Outcomes can sometimes be better than what the Rules say they will be.
Alot depends on the Rep you speak with or the store Manager you interact with, etc. etc.
Btw, sometimes a few bucks in a hand shake helps to achieve your goal
I know as it has helped me out a few times.
**The last paragraph may be the most helpful of this post
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-04-2009 at 08:14 PM.