Old 08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
chad2625
Lurker

chad2625 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
G1 vs Touch Pro

Hey,
More of my thought/review than a question.

I have had a g1 for almost a year now. despite dropping it and breaking the screen, i am still using it (I love it that much). but my phone bill is killer, and sprint will be cheaper, and my father is giveing me a TP for me and a Palm for my Boy Friend, A killer deal and I cant turn it away. So at lass tit is sadly time to retire my faith full G1. (rest in peace )

I was looking, around the internets and discovered that the P is basicly a G1 not branded a G1 running WM with 512MB ROM (not ram as it is a common mistake), and it has a radio, higher resultion screen to BOOT! So there is a light at the end of this tunnel. so it looks as if i will be able to enjoy the dual core phone with, a deicated Mulimedia processor.

For me the real questions debate between the TP vs G1 is: android. I have used Android, and I love it. Android makes any other mobile os look well, weak. Android does what I want it to very well. lots of free stupid games. It is light and easy to use, looks good, and I think that any phone that will be an iphone killer will probably use android, because it is free to put on a phone and looks so darn good.
Android has its faults, tho. It's source code is changing alot. what it does not do well it does not to at all it seems, but there is the potential do make it do what ever you want because it is opensource.

I know you can get a TP running android very easily, has anyone ported (or booted loaded) a TP to android(I like WM but the new version seems clunky), if so is it practical to use as the phone primary os?

thanks chad