View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
PJRed2008
Lurker

PJRed2008 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia bricked itself?

My fairly new Omnia (flashed to CF03) has apparently committed suicide and is now a brick. Problems started yesterday afternoon with strange behavior with email, try to open a message in one account and it switched to another account. Then the small closure X in the upper right disappeared for awhile, apps started slowing down, etc.

Did a Cleartemp prior to what would have been a soft reset. Cleartemp took awhile, then reported it had “cleared” 245 MB (yea, thats megabytes). Screen was locked up at that point, so did a reset. Phone stopped at password screen and refused the correct password to continue. Repeated resets failed to get anywhere and I could not turn the phone off or do anything to get past the password screen.

Did a hard reset per the manual and got nowhere, the phone will not hard reset. Took the battery out, removed the microSD card and the card had been wiped of data. The 245MB of data reported by Cleartemp was the SD card.

So, battery is out and I’m leaving the phone sit for today, will try another hard reset when I get home. In theory, software cannot screw up a ROM, unless you’re flashing or something similar, but the phone appears to be bricked. This thing is getting to be way more trouble than its worth.

Not happy.

Last edited by PJRed2008; 08-13-2009 at 12:18 PM.