PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Applications
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

http://m.wpcentral.com/im-hits-marketplace-bang

We mentioned the other day that ShapeServices had submitted the popular messaging app, IM+, for Marketplace certification. Apparently the certification has gone smoothly and IM+ for Windows Phone 7 is now available.

Now before you gasp at the price, if memory serves me correctly IM+ for Windows Mobile pushed $20. Knowing that may make the $9.99 price tag for the Windows Phone 7 app easier to swallow.

Still, at $9.99 one can argue it is still one heck of a deal to get AIM, Facebook, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MySpace, Skype and Yahoo! messaging support all under one roof. While there's not a trial version available, you can get a feel for IM+ without our video tour.

You can find IM+ in the Marketplace by searching for "im plus all in one messenger" from your Marketplace App or hit this link (opens Zune) for the Marketplace.

Our thanks to siggystyle for the tip
Old 06-20-2011, 02:49 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: IM+ Now Available In Marketplace

moved....
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

WOW ,just as I suspected. I knew wp7 users would be getting ripped off with this. how the fuck are they gonna try and charge $10 for it without a trial or ad supported free version, especially since the iOS and Android versions have that and also especially because mango will bake some IM in which would negate the need for apps like this.
I emailed these pendejos my discontent over this and I strongly suggest yall do the same and also spam their Facebook and twitter about this. WE WP7 USERS WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS UNFAIR TREATMENT!!. here's a copy of the email I sent them and I will post back when they reply close to the end of the week:

I am writing my concern about the pricing for this app. it is $10 with no trial or limited ad supported version on windows phone 7 while IOS And Android get at least a trial or ad supported version. why is this, the app would sell better if there were a trial or limited version and its proven that this works as well. its also a bit wrong to charge like this especially since an update will arrive this fall to bake in some IM features so please reconsider your pricing scheme for this program.

and finally here's their support page to send email and such. lets bond together and stop this bullshit.

Support Center
Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
WOW ,just as I suspected. I knew wp7 users would be getting ripped off with this. how the fuck are they gonna try and charge $10 for it without a trial or ad supported free version, especially since the iOS and Android versions have that and also especially because mango will bake some IM in which would negate the need for apps like this.
I emailed these pendejos my discontent over this and I strongly suggest yall do the same and also spam their Facebook and twitter about this. WE WP7 USERS WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS UNFAIR TREATMENT!!. here's a copy of the email I sent them and I will post back when they reply close to the end of the week:

I am writing my concern about the pricing for this app. it is $10 with no trial or limited ad supported version on windows phone 7 while IOS And Android get at least a trial or ad supported version. why is this, the app would sell better if there were a trial or limited version and its proven that this works as well. its also a bit wrong to charge like this especially since an update will arrive this fall to bake in some IM features so please reconsider your pricing scheme for this program.

and finally here's their support page to send email and such. lets bond together and stop this bullshit.

Support Center
Before you get all bent out of shape, consider the fact that an app monetized by adverts will take a lot longer to be approved as it has to be further tested to see if it meets the requirements of the market.

So they could have already submitted one.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

well like I said I did write them about it and in a nice tone (note:could've been very mean about it) so we'll have to see what they say when/if they get back to me. I still also strongly recommend that all of us write them. the more the better.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
well like I said I did write them about it and in a nice tone (note:could've been very mean about it) so we'll have to see what they say when/if they get back to me. I still also strongly recommend that all of us write them. the more the better.
Or i could just contact them since i have a direct line to them.

Swamping them like an angry mob isn't going to get Microsoft to approve apps faster.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned User

yea do that and then report back the answer. its not about swamping them this is more of a petition thing. I don't even know y they would even charge so much for this in the first place knowing that the mango update is just around the corner.

well they've responded and they are pretty much idiots. here it is:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The price cannot be changed, sorry.
You may purchase IM+ at Microsoft Marketplace.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Svetlana
SHAPE Support Team
SHAPE Services
---------------------------

Last edited by eric12341; 06-21-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Retired Staff

After next to no research at all, and i mean i did very little effort to find this...

IM+ Forum • View topic - IM+ for Windows Phone beta: known issues and FAQ

Quote:
Q: Will there be free version?
Yes, we are going to release free ad-supported version for Windows Phone.

See where keeping a level head and researching gets you opposed to cursing and having a tantrum?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
After next to no research at all, and i mean i did very little effort to find this...

IM+ Forum • View topic - IM+ for Windows Phone beta: known issues and FAQ

See where keeping a level head and researching gets you opposed to cursing and having a tantrum?
I was level headed in my initial email with them. and why didn't they just release the free version first just like everyone else? I am also not the only one who was pissed about this.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I was level headed in my initial email with them. and why didn't they just release the free version first just like everyone else? I am also not the only one who was pissed about this.
Because Coding with a api to monetize the app with ads takes more work and takes longer for Microsoft to approve as it has to be tested more to make sure it meets quality standards of the market and also the developers.

It boils down to this. they decided to get something out the door, it happened to be the pay app first. If you dont want to pay 9.99 for it then wait patiently for the free one to be ready and pass all its requirements and be released properly.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Applications