PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Office Mobile 2010 - Beta

Just saw this in another forum (Modaco, posted by necosino)

"Microsoft Office 2010 and Office Mobile 2010 was just released an hour ago, tools you use every day at work, home, or school, to the screen of your Windows phone with rich interfaces especially designed for small devices. you can download the free beta from the following *Beta Download Link

Features:
-View and edit your Microsoft® Office® documents with confidence.
-Stay connected to work from anywhere with SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
-Stay connected to work from anywhere with SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
-Use PowerPoint Mobile as a presentation aid.

*Beta available immediately for the US market and will be rolled out to the international market later. Only available for Windows Mobile 6.5 and touch screen devices only for this beta. Final version will include for non-touch screen devices. "

http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/...ffice%25202010

Sign in, "Purchase" the app, then log onto Marketplace on your phone and it will be listed under "My apps" -> "Ready to Install"

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Office Mobile 2010 - Beta

I wonder if it replaces the offce thats already on our devices? or is it a seperate app? anyone gonna try?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just installed and resetting. I think it does replace the original, but I can't say for sure, my ROM doesn't have it cooked in.

I'll report back on how it works!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It replaced the office I had installed on my win 6.5 cooked rom. The one thing I noticed you can now scroll in excel.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I think most of the improvements are minor things like the scrolling neuteboomt mentioned, it works nicely, nothing earth-shattering, but it does work. I would like a bit more of the 'finger-friendly' feel MS is starting to adapt, but it is OK.

I have tried Sharepoint...not quite sure what a Sharepoint site is though.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its great that Microsoft is keeping up with the Desktop.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I was hoping to track down where/if a CAB was downloaded to the phone, but I can't find one...any ideas?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Found a cab form over on XDA.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Office_2010.cab (4.53 MB, 422 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GREAT!!!! Thanks for posting it. Do you know if it has storage area-installation available?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: VERIZON (W/Alltel Unlmtd Plan)

tdumbeck is becoming a great contributor

this dates out in april 2010 - then you will have to buy it? or it seems if your phone came preloaded you wont ? do custom roms with it loaded count as pre loaded or will we lose it in april ??? my phone rom came preloaded and my custom rom had it built in - confusing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software