PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: alltel

flyinace123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Streaming software and automatic reconnect

I use my HTC touch pro and Kinoma to listen to streaming audio while riding on my motorcycle. I mostly just listen to talk radio so it isn't using much bandwidth.
When I ride into an area with bad reception, I obviously lose the stream and it re-buffers when the signal improves.
Occasionally, though, the signal will not reconnect and when I look at the phone I see an error message which says "Socket Not Connected". I understand that this is probably due to the signal not being sufficient for an extended period of time. But, it drives me absolutely insane that Kinoma does not try to reconnect to the stream after the message "socket not connected" is displayed.
Does anyone know of a good media player that WILL try to reconnect (say every 60 seconds or so...)? I want to throw my phone against the wall when I see this message!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Streaming software and automatic reconnect

not a software, but you could try tuned.mobi it plays radio stations online. on some stations listed as mp3 select open. all should open thru media player.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
media play, socket, streaming audio