PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
best opera mobile version ?

i tried 9.7 beta but it doesn't work right on my htc vogue running a custom 6.1 rom. whats the fastest, best build to use? i need flash support and zoom, speed!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: best opera mobile version ?

Skyfire offers Flash support. Have you checked that out??

Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i tried 9.7 beta but it doesn't work right on my htc vogue running a custom 6.1 rom. whats the fastest, best build to use? i need flash support and zoom, speed!
fastest opera version I have tried to date is 15613. just my opinion of course. Regarding flash suppport, opera cannot give you the kind of flash support that skyfire does. Flash video of course. once adobe offer flash 9/10 support for windows mobile, opera will be good to go!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

does anybody know why opera 9.7 beta will work on winmo 6.5 but not 6.1?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

I had 9.7 cab. It sucked. I could only visit sites thru links, it wouldn't go if I inputted the URL. I see some roms using 9.7 and it will goto URL i type, but I have to keep clicking on the GO button as sometimes the loading bar would shoot across the screen and it wouldn't really load the page. I use the one that cheifs put in the roms, but I have 9.5.1126 as standby. Fastest I have seen was on energy roms, but they were mobile (sites would redirect you to mobile links) and it wouldn't give full pages on some sites. Would like to see that version of opera worked on, but he has since gone to tp2, or left the group.

Edit: Did a search and found http://www.filestube.com/b917b2033b8...EVICE-VGA.html if you want to try them

Last edited by jpwhre; 08-27-2009 at 03:23 AM. Reason: googled after posting
Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dell axim x51
Carrier: skype

ej48315 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ej48315 Send a message via Skype™ to ej48315
Lightbulb Re: best opera mobile version ?

I prefer to use skyfire & iris 1.1.9 + flash 7 for a sweet browsing experience specialy if your RAM is limited to 64MB

For 128MB of RAM or more you could try opera mobile 8.6 + flash 7
or the final 9.5 opera release ripped from the HTC rom + flash 7

IE 6.1 , opera mini & fennec might be worth looking into also ( I have not tried them yet)

In my experience flash lite 3.5 just sucked

Last edited by ej48315; 08-27-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
does anybody know why opera 9.7 beta will work on winmo 6.5 but not 6.1?
9.7 beta works just fine on my Diamond running 6.1, I use it every day. I have zero problems with it, the turbo option was cool, but I dont use that anymore either...hate that it wouldnt use saved passwords. But even with turbo off, it is still fast as hell.

Last edited by TREmp77; 08-27-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I have used it on 6.1 and 6.5 no issues except i don't like how turbo renders pages. looks a little choppy. I can't wait till it gets out of beta. gonna be one of the best browsers out there.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

patchez is just getting started

Quote:
for my vogue, I still find that 15202 works the smoothest and fastest (no flash), and use skyfire when i need flash
Old 08-29-2009, 06:18 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
9.7 beta works just fine... I have zero problems with it, the turbo option was cool, but I dont use that anymore either... But even with turbo off, it is still fast as hell.
Agreed.

I used v9.5 Build 15613 for the longest time before I got 9.7 tweaked and working with flash on YouTube site without supplemental media player. Works great as I use it for all my browsing needs. I have attached the OEM if anybody is interested. You will need Flash 3.1 component, preferably from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51483
Attached Files
File Type: rar Internet - Opera Mobile v9.7.35166.rar (3.83 MB, 35 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software