PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 11:58 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RadarLove! Weather Radar App [5-11-2009]

[5-11-2009]RadarLove! Weather Radar App
5/11/2009--Preview Release

RadarLove is a US Radar application to view the current radar. This is currently in development, and is released as a preview beta. Please try it out, and give feedback (errors, likes, do-likes, etc). Authors site found HERE.

Notes From The Author:

" I was never able to find a good online radar, so I wrote this to fit the bill. It works great in a emulator, but sometimes on my phone, I get a network error, so I am wanting feedback from you all as to what works, and what doesn’t. Please post a comment on this post:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=514246 with your feedback, what works, what doesn’t, what you would like to see added, etc. Remember, this is just a preview, it is not fully polished yet. "

You will need to know the radar site nearest you, chances are, it is the biggest city you are closest to. Also, this will only work with US Radar sites, sorry to the rest of you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RadarLove01.CAB (205.7 KB, 481 views) Click for barcode!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: RadarLove! Weather Radar App [5-11-2009]

Good one, I installed it and it knew where I was....scarry.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This looks exactly like an app I used to use in my Titan's.. I'm not sure if it's the same app or not.

I never bothered to install it in my TouchPro's as I have radar in bot Weather Panel & the Weather Channel app.....

~John
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
This looks exactly like an app I used to use in my Titan's.. I'm not sure if it's the same app or not.

I never bothered to install it in my TouchPro's as I have radar in bot Weather Panel & the Weather Channel app.....

~John

how well does the Weather Channel app work? i've been looking for a good radar program to work in addition to TF3D on my TouchPro. Weather Panel is great, but it seems to not work if TF3D is on without a 2nd today screen.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesoprock00 View Post
how well does the Weather Channel app work? .
the Weather Channel App works great but it's not free.........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John

I think I know the one you mean, however this is a Beta of a new application written by Gudy. His reason for doing so:
" I was never able to find a good online radar, so I wrote this to fit the bill. "
Old 05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850

aesoprock00 is just getting started

i'm trying out Radarlove but i keep getting errors

"Error Geting Radar Names, try reloading and check your network connections."

network connection is fine. it tries pulling radar maps, but the data is over 2 hours old. my local radar site is Pittsburgh, PA. I'll post to the XDA site eventually.

overall, if the radar would update more often it seems like a nice app. the radar loop is nice.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

I downloaded, this is exactly what I am looking for. I am a boater in Indiana, saw it showed this locale above.
However, my problems are, it started in Kansas, so changed location. Pulled everything up okay today, however, showing date as 2 days ago, 5/11/09, however, radar is correct with our huge storm showing.
Therefore, not sure of accuracy.

I did thank you, would love to have this simple to use app working, have been searching for something like this forever!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
I am a boater in Indiana, saw it showed this locale above.
Have you tried the weather channel app??

The WC app is awesome, it has radar in real time & a ton of other cool features.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

It is a preview Beta release after all.

Here is another free application you can try as well, if you'd like.

DASH Weather

Features:
- Current Weather
- Adjustable # days in Daily Forecast
- Adjustable #hours in Hourly Forecast
- Animated radar (automatically finds best resolution out of 100-mile, 300-mile, & 600-mile)!
- Non-animated radar (also determines & uses best resolution)

Attached Files
File Type: cab Setup-DASH_Weather-v1.03.CAB (548.0 KB, 95 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software