PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

rafaelvargas_85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems w/Sprint TV for HTC Touch Pro

Hey guys, I just recently bought the TP 2 days ago, and I am trying to run Sprint TV and I'm getting an error message;
The file "Sprint TV" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

So I been searching around online to see if there was a .cab file that I could DL to replace this one, and I found one in Mightmikes rom post, but it doesn't seem to work with this one. When I try to install that Sprint TV cab, it tells me that I cannot remove the old one. Is there something with a certificate or something that I need to change? It worked perfectly on my Mogul just before this phone. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:46 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Problems w/Sprint TV for HTC Touch Pro

let me see if i still have the cab sprint sent me.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:52 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...d.php?p=578260 post 2 of this link. if that dont work try this. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...27&postcount=3

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-18-2009 at 12:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hmm the two cabs that I downloaded, both look like they will work, but how would I go about removing the Old Sprint TV that doesn't work first? Because if I choose to install either of the two, its going to have two copies of sprint Tv on my phone. (again, because when I try to install the new ones, it says it cannot remove the current sprint TV off'a my phone). Thanks again!
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

just reinstall the same version you got. just go to file explorer/device/windows and search for the tv cab. and click it, it should reinstall. id try that first
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the help. I decided to just install it and ignore the warning of the old one not being able to be removed, and it works perfectly fine. As for the Explorer/Windows/SprintTV.cab I didn't know that existed, and that would'a save me a lot of time of searching! Thanks too!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BB 8530

real78 is a n00b

I downloaded the this file and still can get my Sprint TV to work it says it can not find the server.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2

andimthejr is a n00b

same error message while trying to use sprint tv "cannot connect to server: 7008." on the line with "advanced tech" now trying to resolve issue Looks so far as I have a defective tp2 and will need and exchange
Old 09-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2

andimthejr is a n00b

ALSO THIS COMMENT WAS FOR TOUCH PRO 2 phone is ten days old and DEFFECTIVE out of box $686 well spent! NOT! very angry with sprint now...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Boost Mobile

natewms is a n00b

What all do you need to make sprint tv work, I just swapped my phone to boost and added sprint tv and got the message unable to authorize user, but I was able to use sprint nav and sprint football live.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software