PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[4/9] htcAddicts- cleanRAM v2.2

Version 2.0 is out now!!!- ** BEFORE USING READ THE NEW USER MANUAL
it details some of the new features, and just might clear up any problems you may be having

Changelog:
Add (v2.2):
ThrottleLauncher = "ThrottleLauncher"

Add (v2.1):
Information = "Information"
Notification = "Notification"
NextCleanupWillBeginAt = "Next cleanup will begin at:"

Add (v2.0):
Advanced = "Advanced"
AdvancedGUI = "Advanced / GUI"
AdvancedSettings = "Advanced Settings"
GUI = "GUI"
SelectGUI = "Select GUI/Shell"
GUISettings = "GUI Settings"
S2U2LockAfterCleanup = "S2U2 Lock After Cleanup"
S2U2LockAfterCleanupSecheduleOnly = "S2U2 Lock After Cleanup (schedule)"
TodayItems = "Today Items (Auto Mode)"
HD2 = "HTC HD2"
HD2Quiet = "HTC HD2 (Quiet)"
  • More Stable
  • Add language strings:
    • Advanced = Advanced
    • AdvancedGUI = Advanced / GUI
    • AdvancedSettings = Advanced Settings
    • GUI = GUI
    • SelectGUI = Select GUI/Shell
    • GUISettings = GUI Settings
    • S2U2LockAfterCleanup = S2U2 Lock After Cleanup
    • S2U2LockAfterCleanupSecheduleOnly = S2U2 Lock After Cleanup (schedule)
    • HD2 = HTC HD2
    • HD2Quiet = HTC HD2 (Quiet)
    • DefaultProfile8 = Best performance with HTC HD2
    • DefaultProfile9 = Best performance with HTC HD2 - Quiet Mode
    • TodayItems = Today Items (Auto Mode)
  • Add new screen: "Advanced / GUI" – Define your device's GUI settings for better cleaning support + Extra advanced settings.
  • Add "Today Items (Auto Mode)" option to GUIs list - Cleans all today items (Auto GUI Search and Clean) – Recommended!
  • A few settings (from "settings" screen) have been moved to "Advanced" screen.
  • Schedule mode fixed.
  • User Manual Updated.

(that's a direct download link)

Also with over the air updates. This option is found under Menu > Update, in the cleanRAM configuration. It will download the latest versions cab to a temporary folder (which can be changed as of v1.3.8 ) and automatically install the new version, prompting you to remove the old one first. Seriously couldn't be any easier. Really great job Ronen. (Note: the latest version is attached to this post. However, if you're coming from v1.3.7, I'd recommend giving the auto update feature a try.)

Ronenpg, the developer of this app, is so amazing, hardest worker I've ever seen. Please consider a small donation to him to help keep this app going.

Mulitlanguage, see this xda post for more details.

You guys asked for it, and now you got it:
Now with Scheduling feature!!! (this auto notification can be turned off/on)

This is an awesome RAM reclaimer that was found on this site if you read Hebrew. Google translated page if you don't.

Summary:
  • Release memory for Windows Mobile devices.
  • Amazing utility which helps you to clean up the wasted RAM memory without having to restart the device and eventually saves a lot of time.
Description:
  • cleanRAM is a very useful tool for Windows Mobile 6+ devices (specially for HTC TouchFLO interfaces). (although still works great on devices that do not run TF3D)
  • cleanRAM is a memory reclaimer similar to Oxios but with advanced settings and actually works! this applications is specially for diamond/pro devices. Great solution for the Windows Mobile memory leak problem.
  • cleanRAM attempts to release as much memory as possible without damaging the internal state of the Windows Mobile device. it'll refresh your device RAM.
  • cleanRAM can save you a lot of SOFT RESET!

Notice to all: Use cleanRAM at your own risk!!! NO WARRANTY!!!

Requirements/Prerequisites:
Windows Mobile 6+ devices

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the attached .cab file
2. Copy this file to some temporary folder in your device.

3. Execute it from your device (recommend you install to device memory).
  • .cab is the zipped file along with the read me.
  • cleanRAM will be installed into /Program files/htcAddicts folder.
  • There are also two links created, one called: "cleanRAM Config" (configuration tool) in the "Start Menu -> Programs" and the second called: "cleanRAM" (is the actual memory reclaimer) in the "Start Menu".
The cab installs 2 programs in your Programs folder. cleanRAM is the actual program you run to clean up your ram.

cleanRAM config lets you set up what level of purge you want. (pic on left)
You can even setup a customized process list, which lets you select specific programs to clean, as well include a level 1 purge. (middle pic) New settings screen given (pic on right).

Level 1- Cleans stuck software without resetting the interface, fast (less than 5 seconds)
Level 2- **recommended** - Thorough cleaning to maximize performance, (time: 10-15 seconds)
Level 3- Maximum clean up and includes everything (services), slow (about 30 to 45 seconds)

Customized Processes List:

Select the processes you wish to clean.
  • Including Level 1 (On/Off)
  • Restart Processes Mode (On/Off)
  • Show Hidden Processes (On/Off)
Settings:
  • Show RAM Status Notification - in the end of the cleaning (On/Off)
  • Show Progress Bar (On/Off)
  • Show Windows Wait Cursor (On/Off)
  • Clear Recent Start Menu Iteams (On/Off)
  • Notify Me Before CleanUp - including "Abort" button (On/Off)
  • Wake Up Device Before CleanUp - save battery (On/Off)
  • Close All Applications - force closing all applications when clean-up (working with level 1,2 and 3 only).
  • Launch Startup Programs - execute after clean-up all startup programs.
*added in v1.5

Schedule:

Automatically clean up by schedule feature.

Get clean up event at a specific time!
  • Enabled (On/Off)
  • CleanUp Programs
    • Level 1
    • Level 2
    • Level 3
    • User Customize Level
  • Start Time
    • Every 1 Hour
    • Every 3 Hour
    • Every 6 Hour
    • Every 12 Hour
    • Choose Specific Time
  • Select Days (including every day)
Backup / Restore:

Backup all your cleanRAM settings into INI file. now you can easier restore your cleanRAM settings after a flash or hard reset!

OEM can be found here. Thanks SOHKis.

If you are updating from a previous version, soft reset after uninstalling the old version before installing this one.
.cab is in the zipped file along with the read me.

Uninstall Instructions:
1. Run cleanRAM Configuration
2. Menu -> Schedule
3. uncheck the Enabled button.
4. Save and Exit
5. Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs
6. Select and Uninstall htcAddicts cleanRAM
7. Soft Reset

If you find this tool useful, please donate to the developer.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 04-18-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: new version out
This post has been thanked 108 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: cleanRAM v1.0.1 (2/27/09) (Diamond and Pro only)

Cool, i had posted an older version of this (.0 a couple weeks back. Glad to see they updated the app. Thanks for posting.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Cool, i had posted an older version of this (.0 a couple weeks back. Glad to see they updated the app. Thanks for posting.
dschoenike
That's actually where I got this from, lol. Ty for turning me on to it. Just saw he updated it, thought I'd post it here. Really love this thing.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Why would you need this on a diamond/pro with 288mb ram? I run out of process slots, not free ram
Old 02-27-2009, 09:05 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

I use SKtools to freeup RAM...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Why would you need this on a diamond/pro with 288mb ram? I run out of process slots, not free ram
Wouldn't extra unnecessary processes that are left running decrease battery life?

And, this saves me a soft reset every now and then.

Also, I just like to keep things tidy.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
For me, it's not a matter of need, it's just a product of my "free up ram" addiction I aquired while owning a mogul for 2 years plus, like most wm apps, I just use it cause I can
In all seriousness, you're right, there is really no need, with the huge amount of free ram the TP has. It's just nice to try things out.
dschoenike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 WM6.1
Carrier: verizon

tmanner is just getting started

anybody have any idea if this can be used on a titan? i know it says diamond and TP only but..................looks like a worthwhile app to me
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanner View Post
anybody have any idea if this can be used on a titan? i know it says diamond and TP only but..................looks like a worthwhile app to me
It should. The website said although made for the touch pro and diamond, it should work on most htc devices. Won't hurt to try
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanner View Post
The developer also mentions it can be used on the HD. As far as the mogul, I'm not sure.

Do you have .NET 3.5 installed? I know that is a must. Other than that, I nominate you to give it a try, lol. Report back the findings if you do. Might want to do a back up before you try it just in case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software