PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marklyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
alternative texting program?

OK, let's just say for the sake of an argument I've tried everything I've read and researched in trying to fix a problem I've had with my texting and I want to remove the current texting program and find something else.
How would I remove it and/or what alternative texting programs work in a similar fashion. I don't particularly want AIM or social type networking programs, I just want a plain jane replacement.
Also, would a replacement program have the same 'tie in's' to the operating system or would the program have to be launched form the programs menu?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: alternative texting program?

Moved to the Software Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 02-23-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is anything that will replace your existing text message program. I've gotta ask...why would you want to get do this? What went wrong?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

here try this, its called sms chat. it has a pretty slick interface. it won't replace your current sms inbox. so what you have to do is activate it once from the programs menu, it takes a while to load up the first time since it has to log all your messages in your inbox. after that (even if you soft reset) it should run without you having to launch it from the programs menu. it has its own sms notices and when you get your txt just hit reply and it will open up the application.

p.s. you might want to add it to your exclusive list on your task manager that way you don't close it out by accident. I do that plus it hardly uses any system resources when its in the background.

Attached Files
File Type: cab SMS-Chat.cab (1.52 MB, 44 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tersoth; 02-23-2009 at 03:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

marklyn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is anything that will replace your existing text message program. I've gotta ask...why would you want to get do this? What went wrong?

Well, it's difficult to re-create but it does happen regularly. Sometimes when I'm starting a new line of texting and I'm inputting the first word, the word I've typed in just disappears when I hit the space to continue with another word and I don't see this right away so I have to re-type everything again.
Lots of times I send short 2-4 word messages and before I realize it, I've sent a message with the first word missing, so I have to re-create/re-send.
In addition, I've tried to turn off the black bar at the top to save real-estate space but it's back on again and nothing I uncheck seems to fix that.
I've gone through the settings time and time again and turned things off/on and followed advice of other folks having a similar problem but I'm just really tired of dealing with it.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
here try this, its called sms chat.
hope thats not warez... get it from the main site.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

dstruct2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
Well, it's difficult to re-create but it does happen regularly. Sometimes when I'm starting a new line of texting and I'm inputting the first word, the word I've typed in just disappears when I hit the space to continue with another word and I don't see this right away so I have to re-type everything again.
Lots of times I send short 2-4 word messages and before I realize it, I've sent a message with the first word missing, so I have to re-create/re-send.
In addition, I've tried to turn off the black bar at the top to save real-estate space but it's back on again and nothing I uncheck seems to fix that.
I've gone through the settings time and time again and turned things off/on and followed advice of other folks having a similar problem but I'm just really tired of dealing with it.
That's not the SMS app, that's the SIP you're using. Try finding a new keyboard, like http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard2.php that doesn't include the "black bar" (suggestion bar)
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruct2k View Post
That's not the SMS app, that's the SIP you're using. Try finding a new keyboard, like http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard2.php that doesn't include the "black bar" (suggestion bar)
i was thinking the same thing. i say try out a new kb and if the problem persist might be somthing else thats causing it. never really heard of the texting app being faulty, imho
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

for those of you who also use SMS-Chat have any of you been able to intergrate it into TF3D text tab so when you click it whether it be to write a new message or open up a new one and get SMS Chat to open?? i really like the program but no TF3D intergration has kept me from using it again. i have purchased it and hate to see it go to waste.

Edit: heres the direct link to the site http://www.clickapps.com/moreinfo.ht...062820090224=1

Last edited by MoonZ*BabysH; 02-24-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I liked using PocketCM for texting. It ties into the old program, but allows you the option of using PocketCM as the default.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software