PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
the cab would run at the same time as my xml so not sure if the outcome would be different, but i will try. im am not familiar with agent ransack but will check it out.
i actually figured out how to let windows explorer search inside of .provxml's, .dat's, .rgu's and .ini files and the setting is not being changed there. i used ceregedit to look in the default and user.hv files. in user.hv in the metadata folder it is set and "ring" script so i changed that but still didnt help. im left thinking it is a program that is changing it but have ruled out everything in the startup folder so im kinda at a loss. i found though that if i make a mortscript and place it in the startup menu and have this mortscript wait until second boot, ie reset after customizations, and then set the registry key all is well but i would rather figure this out than implement workarounds. grrrrrrrrrrrr
What happens if you don't run customizations?

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i
Carrier: Airtel

Duron23 is a n00b

Hi Everybody,

Here is the new build in COM 8 branch, i.e., 28006 in visual kitchen format. But note that the DPI and Lang packages are taken from 28005, as currently moneybape has not posted appropriate lang and DPI files for this build.

As soon as he post's them, I will update the link. Till then you can use the below files.

28006 - Download [ COM 8 - DPI96-Res 320*240-Lang 0409 ]

Till we met up again,
HAVE A HAPPY COOKING
Old 12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
What happens if you don't run customizations?
dont know, ill build a rom with no runcc or sdautorun and check the value before screen align and after actually getting into the os before reset, then ill soft rest and see if it is the same
Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duron23 View Post
Hi Everybody,

Here is the new build in COM 8 branch, i.e., 28006 in visual kitchen format. But note that the DPI and Lang packages are taken from 28005, as currently moneybape has not posted appropriate lang and DPI files for this build.

As soon as he post's them, I will update the link. Till then you can use the below files.

28006 - Download [ COM 8 - DPI96-Res 320*240-Lang 0409 ]

Till we met up again,
HAVE A HAPPY COOKING
Technically this is incorrect: it's the WMD (Windows Mobile Device) branch per Da_G
Old 12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

running welcome.lnk is what is changing it! the rom i made used no customization and also did not run welcome.lnk on startup. the value was set as per my config through everything including a softreset so i ran welcome.lnk manually from the windows directory and as soon as i aligned the screen the value was changed what do i do about that?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

here's the 28006 SYS/ROM for DIAM_C users -
http://rapidshare.com/files/31489047...DIAM_VK_XIP.7z

thanks again to monkeybape!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i
Carrier: Airtel

Duron23 is a n00b

Quote:
Technically this is incorrect: it's the WMD (Windows Mobile Device) branch per Da_G
Yeah I know. I mentioned COM 8 just for convenience
Old 12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Talking Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
running welcome.lnk is what is changing it! the rom i made used no customization and also did not run welcome.lnk on startup. the value was set as per my config through everything including a softreset so i ran welcome.lnk manually from the windows directory and as soon as i aligned the screen the value was changed what do i do about that?

Try setting the screen alignment values via the registry directly and/or kill welcome.exe module.

Look at this package for settings you can play with, and let us know how it works out.

I know its for the TP, not TP2, but I haven't had a chance to make a new package for TP2 yet. You can do the normal alignment via welcome, and then look at the registry settings created, and then mod the package to those settings and that should work

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 12-01-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duron23 View Post
Yeah I know. I mentioned COM 8 just for convenience
Yes, but its NOT COM8 its WMD: less experienced folks aka:noobs will come away thinking a COM8 branch exists, when in fact there is no such animal.

Just keeping it real here, no offense
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Try setting the screen alignment values via the registry directly and/or kill welcome.exe module.

Look at this package for settings you can play with, and let us know how it works out.

I know its for the TP, not TP2, but I haven't had a chance to make a new package for TP2 yet. You can do the normal alignment via welcome, and then look at the registry settings created, and then mod the package to those settings and that should work
thanks! i was actually trying to do exactly this. is this really all that needs to completely skip the welcome.exe crap? i had made a backup of all the registry values set from "tap here to setup device" screen to booted into the os and its a lot! will just setting the option to skip it account for all this? things like setting time zone and such?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software