PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlenoir View Post
I read through every post in the thread and found that others had similar problems but there were some people claiming it works great while others say they can't get it working. Of course, the people who chime in and say that it works perfect with no details are not helping make sense of what is working and what is not. All I can say with certainty is that I have not been able to get it to work with WM 6.5 and I am looking for confirmation that no one does before taking the steps to flash back to WM 6.1.
If you want it to play "at all" 6.1 might be the only way but since it doesn't truly work "completely" I'd say stick with Mighty5 and wait and see what happens when we get a fully supported Pandora version for the TP at all. *I can't get it to connect at all in WM6.5 either.

6.1 will not fix this, it will not make it play 100% and it drives me bonkers when someone claims it works "perfectly" and doesn't offer any clues to "what" they got it working on or with. I doubt it really works but at minimum, a link to the exact cab and a little info would be nice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Lurker

jpc073@gmail.com is a n00b

For all w/ 6.1 and have problem w/ song not playing through on Pro. All you need to do (as was posted in an earlier post) is using Advanced Config 3.3 change Network\TCP Window size to 98304 and this should solve the problem w/ it not playing through to the end. At least it worked for me. Once again this is not my solution got it from a post earlier in thread.=D>
Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc073@gmail.com View Post
For all w/ 6.1 and have problem w/ song not playing through on Pro. All you need to do (as was posted in an earlier post) is using Advanced Config 3.3 change Network\TCP Window size to 98304 and this should solve the problem w/ it not playing through to the end. At least it worked for me. Once again this is not my solution got it from a post earlier in thread.=D>
I tried this back when that was originally posted and sadly enough, it didn't work.

Thanks for re-posting though.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok I used advanced Config 3.3 change Network\TCP Window size to 98304 and never worked. I have tried about 4 different cabs and this one actually worked for me but you still have to change the setting with advanced config.

The application can play on the background but if you manually turn off the screen it will stop playing..
Heck at least it plays FULL SONGS.. YAY!!! 3 out of 3 TP installs.

By the way im running 6.1 and using my rom.

file ready.
Attached Files
File Type: cab pandora.cab (788.6 KB, 279 views) Click for barcode!

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!

Last edited by ivan1.ruiz; 05-14-2009 at 12:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 26 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
Ok I used advanced Config 3.3 change Network\TCP Window size to 98304 and never worked. I have tried about 4 different cabs and this one actually worked for me but you still have to change the setting with advanced config.

The application can play on the background but if you manually turn off the screen it will stop playing..

file ready.
Now this is VERY HELPFUL! I'll load up Mighty4R3BORN this evening and see how this works out.

Thanks!

*What kitchen did you use for your personal ROM base?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djlenoir is keeping up the good workdjlenoir is keeping up the good work

Quote:

file ready.
Thank you for being the first person to confirm that it is working AND providing not only the ROM you were using but also provided the file you were using. Thanks! I am also going to 'downgrade' to the R3BORN ROM. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Radio.....1.39.00.05.31
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:

file ready.
CONFIRMED!
Thank you very much man! I can finally use pandora again.
Im running 4R3BORN on my Diamond and with the attached cab and TCP Window change Pandona hasn't shorted a single song yet!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touchpro 2
Carrier: sprint

buddy lee is just getting started

Works fine on mine(except small)

Songs play through
Using the cab from post 654 above

Sprint touch pro
stock rom
SPB3
a few reg edits but nothing for the program

All i did was install,soft reset,log into existing account and play.
Tested about 5 of my stations a few songs each. Sound could be better but works great. it seems to be hit or miss, odd
Old 05-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

file ready.
CONFIRMED on my TP RAPH800

FINALLY!!!!! Thank you Ivan1!

I just reflashed R3BORN and loaded the cab, made the change using Advanced Config 3.3 and it works... WORKS FULLY!

See, it only took one person to post exactly what they were doing to get this out. Sad that no one else spoke up but I am quite greatful for Ivan doing so!

Now.... to figure out how to get 6.5 working.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djlenoir is keeping up the good workdjlenoir is keeping up the good work

I can also confirm Pandora is working 100% with the latest 1.1.10 version of Pandora (download) using MightyROM 4/R3BORN (05.11.09) which is based on Windows Mobile 6.1 build 20771. I also used Advanced Config 3.3 (download) to make the following system changes based on this post here:

Performance
|
File system filter cache: 131072 sectors
|
Glyph cache: 32KB (advised)

Network
|
TCP window size: 98304

The change to the TCP window size may be the only change required to get Pandora to work but I went ahead and made all three anyway and it is working perfect. The audio quality is not as good as on the PC but is still acceptable and is working without any interruptions.

Just to make sure it did not work on the MightyROM 5 (05.08.09) I tried these settings on a fresh flash of that ROM and Pandora would not connect. So, it appears that it does not work on WM 6.5 at this time (or at least on Mighty's ROM).

Hope you all enjoy Pandora! (until a new and better version is released)

Note: I take no credit for any of this information, I am simply putting it all in one easy to find location for anyone who might be interested.
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software