PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Lurker

$incere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question PPC-to-PPC control

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that allow me to remotely view and control another phone. Simply put I would like to find software like MyMobiler that will allow me to control another PPC from my PPC either through Blutooth or WiFi access.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything like that.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: PPC-to-PPC control

interesting idea. i cant think of a use for it, but i'd like to play around with it lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

$incere is a n00b

Support wise, it would be cool to access a phone on our company WiFi to address any support issues. Personally any man or woman could use it to see if their spouse is really surfing the net or chatting....to each his own.....LOL
Old 11-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VOGUE, DIAMOND
Carrier: ALLTEL

PUERTO_RUK is a n00b

I think there is a software like that, called "bluetooh hijacker" or something like that. Remember seeing it somewhere before a couple of months ago. Kinda old now. If you cant find it here, you always have google.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1, TP2, and Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jhiciano is becoming a great contributor

cool concept, could use it at work when setting up network stuff and so on.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Familiar with VNC, the open-source multi-platform remote desktop system?
There's a VNC client for WM, but I also noticed somewhere a VNC host/server app as well. Technically, it was designed to remotely monitor your phone from a PC, but with client software on another phone I don't see why you can't log in from phone to phone.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Photon

drisc72 is a n00b

I found free software for the Remote desktop half for my mogul, and installed it but I think that i hit a brick wall as far as setting it up because my Home version( on my desktop) of vista does not include remote desktop for my computer, apperantly only the vista Business, enterprise and i think ultimate are the only versions that include it for the desktop. i have been browsing and i think i need some sort of VNC program for my computer that will allow my remote desktop program on my mogul to axcess my pc. Any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

This is a great idea.

"thinking out load"

You have to have some known address to even make the connection to the phone. For instance, an IP Address that is known by your current network or can be found on a public network. This address could be static or dynamic and you would have to know it before you can attempt the connection.

Someone could try to take two phones, install Remote Desktop on both, then connect them to a WiFi network and attempt to make a connection between the devices. That would be the first step that I can think of...
Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

raven is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas8946 View Post
This is a great idea.

"thinking out load"

You have to have some known address to even make the connection to the phone. For instance, an IP Address that is known by your current network or can be found on a public network. This address could be static or dynamic and you would have to know it before you can attempt the connection.

Someone could try to take two phones, install Remote Desktop on both, then connect them to a WiFi network and attempt to make a connection between the devices. That would be the first step that I can think of...
Actually, I would think if something like this were developed, it could be done by simply knowing the mobile number. The initiating phone could send a specifically formatted text which could be intercepted by the software on the phone to connect to. It could then respond with the IP address needed to connect to it.

It would be a similar algorithm to those used for silent GPS phone tracking.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Actually, I would think if something like this were developed, it could be done by simply knowing the mobile number. The initiating phone could send a specifically formatted text which could be intercepted by the software on the phone to connect to. It could then respond with the IP address needed to connect to it.

It would be a similar algorithm to those used for silent GPS phone tracking.
That is a good idea. Do phones with data connections (GPRS) obtain IP Addresses or someother type of unique address where a connection could be made?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software