PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up SBSH Pocket Weather Updated

They are now up to 2.0.8

New features I enjoy include:

Severe weather alerts
Backup of Location configuration data

Also seems to integrate better into the today screen... (Anyone else have the previous version not touch responsive unless you refresh the screen?)

Here is the official list:

Complete list of changes to PocketWeather V2.0.8:

Layout Scripting

* Added support for "#ALERT-FORECAST#" TEXT command for displaying available severe forecast alert messages
* Added support for "#ALERT-CURRENT-CONDITIONS#" TEXT command for displaying severs and increasing precipitation current conditions alert messages.
* Added support for "#ALERT#" to display optional alert messages extracted by weather template feeds.
* Added support for "#ALERT-n#" to display a specific optional alert message extracted by weather template feeds.
* Added support for "#USER#" to display optional user messages extracted by weather template feeds. Note
* Added support for "#USER-n#" to display a specific optional user message extracted by weather template feeds. Note
* Added support for ";IF-ALERT-FORECAST" conditional
* Added support for ";IF-ALERT-CURRENT-CONDITIONS" conditional
* Added support for ";IF-ALERT" and ";IF-ALERT-n" conditional
* Added support for ";IF-USER" and ";IF-USER-n" conditional
* Added support for ";IF-NOT" to perform logical "NOT" (invert)
* Added support for "\n" newline command string in TEXT commands.
* Rework of Date and Time commands
* Layout script file names and folders now translated. This is done by naming the folders and files as numeric values which represent the language string IDs
* Layout script folders and files now displayed in sorted order.

WeatherConsole

* Added support for ";NODRAWTOPHEADINGBAR" to hide top heading location/date/time bar
* Improved finding layout script file if the referring script does not provide a suitable path
* Earthquake top-right menu selection issue - was broken, but is now fixed. This enables the "Map" to be tapped at which point a menu will be displayed allowing the user to quickly switch views.
* Earthquake maps - fixed Latitude calculation issue when nearing the Poles.
* Added correct handling of tapping of listview rows - was previously ignored.
* Earthquake view top-right menu - shortened menu text
* Fixed touch area navigation and activation
* Fixed earthquake detailed view navigation - now jumps to map with appropriately selected earthquake event
* Fixed METAR compare view navigation - now jumps to selected METAR station details.

PocketWeather Config

* Improved layout of some options to be more readable and logical.
* Moved some options around to be more logical
* Added option to enable/disable using the Windows Mobile operating system scheduler to wake device up
* When editing a location's configuration, stop it from resetting ICAO METAR station data and custom weather feed configuration.
* Under "General"/"Notify", added options to control weather alerts.
* Under "Locations", added option to export and import a specific location's configuration
* Added option to export and import a specific image configuration for any location
* Under Update, added "Never" to appropriate combo boxes

Today Screen (PPC/Classic/Professional only)

* When displaying current conditions weather icons on the tab, was not checking to see whether the current conditions data was valid or stale - fixed
* If tab layout script is requesting the display of current conditions icon, if the current conditions data is stale, then revert to appropriate hourly forecast icon (if available). Otherwise no icon is displayed.
* Fixed issue where if in PW Options the today screen font colour is set, then unset, the today screen's colours do not revert.
* Updated the tab layout handling.
* Fixed touch area navigation and activation
* Added "PocketWeather TouchManager" option to allow the disabling of WeatherConsole being launched when the today screen is accidentally pressed.

SmartPhone/Standard Devices

Just to be absolutely clear...this version does NOT contain the new SmartPhone/Standard Home Screen Plugin.

However the Home Screen Plugin will now be actively developed in preparation for a proper release following beta testing.

Updating

* Custom Weather templates - fixed issue with feeds that provide wind speed forecasts in beaufort units
* With feeds that only provide hourly forecasts and no daily summary, improved generation of daily summary data from the available hourly forecast data.
* Added extracting METAR TAF forecast data for very short term accurate forecast data direct from the local weather station.
* Added extracting sever weather forecast information and displaying of optional alert messages
* Added extracting sever weather and increasing precipitation current conditions and the displaying of optional alert messages
* Improved detection of bad weather forecast data.
* Corrected error in Greek6Day weather template
* Fixed handling of METAR feeds with 3 digit wind gust speeds
* Added handling of METAR feeds that provide space between air pressure marker and the value.
* Added new weather template for AccuWeather and alternative templates for Weather.Com and WUnderground
* Enhanced generation of daily forecast handling from hourly forecasts
* Added merging of wind strength information into weather icon and text
* Added specific METAR feed for some Swiss stations
* Reworked METAR/TAF parse to allow handling of METAR feeds containing multiple stations
* Updated the ICAO station list to only contain active working stations - removed inactive stations. Now no longer needs to validate/check stations on initial download.
* Added "Windows Mobile System Scheduler" option - uses the Windows Mobile operating system scheduler/timer to wake device up to trigger an update.
* Added device keep alive option to stop device from turning off (standbye) during download

General

* Default icon selection issue where the wrong icon set would be selected for some device DPI settings - fixed
* Updated METAR station database
* Moved installation of PPC pocketweather.dll today screen plugin DLL from "\windows" to the main memory installation folder. This should not have any impact on functionality, other than keeping the "\windows" folder slightly tider.
* Corrected names of a couple of locations in Brazil which were wrongly named.
* About - added displaying of active language name, its author, and build date/time stamp
* Fixed couple of memory leaks
* Installation - now deletes any old pocketweather.dll in the \windows folder
* Installation - ensure that if PW is running as a tab within PB, that PB has the correct path to pocketweather.dll
* Fixed stack size issue which was causing About to hang on WM2003 devices.
* Updated/corrected Brazil location names
* WM5/6 - Updated connection manager API access to cache information. Repeated access is causing the connection manager process on some devices to leak. This change greatly reduces this issue.

More info and download links here:
http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=22260
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Re: SBSH Pocket Weather Updated

I really have my eye on this... i love the METAR data and the tons of options this thing has.. am currently using SPB Weather... and am looking for a reason to uninstall it...
who else likes this one better than SPB ?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work

spb weather has to be the most inaccurate weather program i've used. i've only been using pocketweather for a couple days now, but its been above and beyond what i expected, and a lot closer to what you'll see on a TV weather report or even better (i hate watching those guys stand in front of a blank screen as if they know what they're talking about lol.)

If someone helped you with a problem, hit the thanks button and let them know you appreciate their time.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Talking Re: SBSH Pocket Weather Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
I really have my eye on this... i love the METAR data and the tons of options this thing has.. am currently using SPB Weather... and am looking for a reason to uninstall it...
who else likes this one better than SPB ?
I highly recommend it... The only weather program I like better is Weather Panel, but with all the work arounds and lack of the vendor, I looked around long and hard before switching...

IMHO, the only "missing" features would be Animated Icons and GPS Location based weather... (And a faster Forum server for SBSH... It is one of the slowest commercial servers i've ever been on!)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:22 PM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have tried it before and liked it except for one major downfall.... the closest city to me was 40 miles away and that just dont cut it cause it rains there and not here alot for example so just didnt do me anygood, does anyone know if they have a better city search now before I waste my tie installing again??? really like weatherpanel but with runnin wisabar3 now (which is way better then before) it just seems to act up too much
Old 06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearls View Post
I have tried it before and liked it except for one major downfall.... the closest city to me was 40 miles away and that just dont cut it cause it rains there and not here alot for example so just didnt do me anygood, does anyone know if they have a better city search now before I waste my tie installing again??? really like weatherpanel but with runnin wisabar3 now (which is way better then before) it just seems to act up too much
You can pull METAR data from any most weather sites if you have the skill and time to edit the config files... I did this so I could pull hourly precipitation %s for my graphs skin (based on the PhatPhinger skin)... (I made it available on the SBHS Pocket Weather Resources in the PhatPhinger thread if anyone is interested.)

Hf you aren't a programming type, you might prefer to keep what you have...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

I have this version loaded, but I'm having some problems. On the Schedule tab in the Update Setup, some of the checkboxes do not have any descriptions. Also, I cannot find where I can set the time frame when automatic updates can run. On the Setup menu, The last icon (communications??) does not have a description. On the Connections tab when I click the icon, none of the checkboxes have descriptions and all the boxes are checked.

Edit: When I tap the Menu icon on the Today screen, the dropdown menu is displayed. On the menu I see a double like. I seems that somthing should be between the lines, but is missing.

Last edited by slbailey1; 07-22-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Lightbulb Re: SBSH Pocket Weather Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
I have this version loaded, but I'm having some problems. On the Schedule tab in the Update Setup, some of the checkboxes do not have any descriptions. Also, I cannot find where I can set the time frame when automatic updates can run. On the Setup menu, The last icon (communications??) does not have a description. On the Connections tab when I click the icon, none of the checkboxes have descriptions and all the boxes are checked.

Edit: When I tap the Menu icon on the Today screen, the dropdown menu is displayed. On the menu I see a double like. I seems that somthing should be between the lines, but is missing.
You might need to reinstall, but before you do,

Start at PW Options. Click on the Internet Icon. On the Connections tab make sure both check boxes are checked. On the Proxy Tab, the check box should be checked and the drop down should say "Preconfigured". Close. (These changes just done might make things visible on the next screen.)

From the PW Options screen, click on Update, then the Updates tab, and change the intervals as needed... I uncheck all the boxes on the Scheduler screen...

You might try soft booting, and making reinstalling to main memory... All else fails, go to the main site for help at:

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showforum=27
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
You might need to reinstall, but before you do,

Start at PW Options. Click on the Internet Icon. On the Connections tab make sure both check boxes are checked. On the Proxy Tab, the check box should be checked and the drop down should say "Preconfigured". Close. (These changes just done might make things visible on the next screen.)

From the PW Options screen, click on Update, then the Updates tab, and change the intervals as needed... I uncheck all the boxes on the Scheduler screen...

You might try soft booting, and making reinstalling to main memory... All else fails, go to the main site for help at:

http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showforum=27
Thanks!! The suggestions worked!!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

With the apparent demise of Weather Panel...it's time to revive this thread. PW is a good alternative to WP.

Let's carry on the discussion of PW in this thread please.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software