PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anything better w/ stylist input then Windows Notes

Hello all

I have a Verizon TouchPro2 with the stock version of WM 6.1

For me the default Windows Notes, the one that I can just write on, works just great, except for the one thing where erasing somethign I have written is a real pain.

I think I remember the app in my old Plam was great as it had a little menu that I could change from a input, to an eraser, and then just correct things that way.

Anyway, this is the main thing I hate about the default Notes program and was just wondering if there was anything out there that works that way.

Don't need any more bells and whistles then that, just a simple screen I can write something on, that then can allow me to make easy corrections too.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tonykovac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anything better w/ stylist input then Windows Notes

I like "Screen Writer" - last updated in August 2009, version 2.04.5. The author's site appears to be gone - http://cupper.su/ - but I found version 2.04.5 at the following site: ScreenWriter v2.04.5 - Windows Mobile Download Center.

Free program, there were add-ons to save files as .bmp or .jpg. If everything is in Russian when running the program, open the options (tool icon upper right), then open the second tab - at the bottom of the window one can select the language.

Another option is to use Evernote - "Ink Note" in the windows mobile version works well, and the pen options include an eraser. Plus it's nice that the notes automatically sync through Evernote to one's account (and computer). A basic account at Evernote is free too.

There's also a newer note app - MyNote - MyNote v2.60 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone.. I tried it but didn't like it as much as screen writer.

I'm using a TouchPro2 also, by the way.

Hope that helps, --TonyKovac

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software