PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Pageplus

Morningglory is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dumb Question?

well, nothing writen in 6.5 will run in 7.., With all these already existing awsome, out of this world, cool programs (apps) that have been with us ever sense Winmo was a baby, be DEVELOPED to run in 7? Also can somone smarter then me give me a beter understanding of how the programers go about updating their sowftware to run in an operating system upgrade, (not obsolete) regarding older software runing in higher numbers, Compatibility?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Dumb Question?

Well... Yes and no...
Nothing created for WinMo will run on WP7... However... Some developers have chosen to create their software using the programing tools required for WP7. For example... Pandora, Tetris, WeatherBug... Etc... So alot of the software (apps) you already know will be available in WP7 flavor. Do a quick Bing search for WP7 apps to get a better feel.
I think that answered the second part of your question as well.
p.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Morningglory is a n00b

I'm more concerned about 3'rd party programs that all ready exist, becoming available, or I'll just stay at 6.5 .. windows live has a secret app land that you can only access with a phone number, The phone on my ppc should be on soon with out a required DATA Plan, The point is all these 7 apps are going to be available at the windows PHONE 7 marketplace, it looks like a lot of fun, but what about programs that already exist, that I want to keep for life...?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Morningglory is a n00b

It seems that thier is a whole land of apps I've never seen befor, they are only availible on windows live with a working phone number. the windows phone 7 marketplace is only one source to get programs, will this happen to the whole 7 platform? do you think the 3'rd party developers will update their software?, cause I like having a computer in my pocket to do serious work..Math, writing, Music, scientific, Art, reference, etc. ,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software