PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ZorroGPS ???

Hello every one
I have a question about ZorroGPS, I downloaded and installed the trial for the US, tried it out yesterday, I like the program, and the price is right, maps seam to be up to date, my question is last night after setting "Home" I stopped the program, then later went to open it again, it would load maybe 3/4 then just stop and the PDA would return to the home screen, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it this mourning, it seams to load now, but then again it loaded yesterday until...does anyone know anything about this program, and is this a common problem?
I have a Samsung Intrepid, Garmin runs perfectly on it, but since Garmin decided to not support MW any longer I need a replacement that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
I did do a google search for this, all I seamed to come up with where free download site, and torrents, how do these people think new companies will ever be able to stay in business with all of this theavery?!
Anyway thanks for your help.
Terry
Old 08-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: AT&T

tzour is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: ZorroGPS ???

Yes, ZorroGPS does switch back and forth between its start-up screen (the one showing Version 5.2, Navteq map date, and the buildings in the far side) and the WM screen (the one before you left for ZGPS), especially when the GPS signals are not strong enough. I patiently waited for the switch (some times none, sometimes once, or twice) and eventually ZGPS will return to its guidance screen and is ready to navigate. The GPS signal is much more sensitive than GMXT, usually very fast locks indoors. Route calculations are fast, too.

Version 5.2 has gone a long way as compared to the previous versions, and it's now a decent GPS software with many functionalities. I like its talorabilities by the users (show and no show the map contents, road width and color, Google POI search, traffic, U-trun on or off, etc.) but the 3D compass screwed up the East and West. This is the only thing that I have been waiting for in the future updates.

Last edited by tzour; 08-16-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply, I guess I was not clear, the problem I had with it was that it would never load, the progress bar would go like 3/4 of the way then it would just stop and disapear, never would load.
So you have google search on ZorroGPS? How do you get there, I did not see it.
Thanks again
Terry
Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Lurker

tzour is a n00b

You can follow the step-by-step download instruction on the left of the web page to install ZGPS from your PC to PDA: http://www.zorrogps.com/index/download.asp?pageID=6? After successful installation on PDA, "Live" appears on the first page of "Menu." Click on "Live" you will see "Weather," "Google POI" and other live functions, such as "Hotel Deal" and "RT Traffic." I am using a purchased copy with all options selected for more than a year now, but I don't remember whether the trial copy activates these paid functions or not.

Last edited by tzour; 08-16-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info, I found it, never thought it would have Google Search, I just assumed that was part of Garmin, like they had it tied up, have you had any problems with ZorroGPS?
thanks again.
Terry
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Lurker

tzour is a n00b

I have no major issues with the July30 Version 5.2, and I am looking forward to the August 14 version for USA/Canada when it becomes available for download in a few days. As I learn from ZGPS, they are still making several final tweaks on Version 5.2 , including the compass as I described above. I also learn that the beta version for iphone will be available in August, and the beta version for Android will be available in October. We will see...

One thing I like ZGPS is the responsiveness of the service team, even though the upodates have been more often than expected. Over the past year, their responses on the issues I reported have been fast and serious. Most inconvenience I encountered (subjective by nature), such as the displays of destination and/or destination/route after selecting a detination, current or next road displayed on the guidance screen, guidance arrows and road widths and colors etc, are controllable by users. Routing is comparable to GMXT and IGuidance, but rerouting could be made about one second faster, as I have reported to ZGPS.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I down loaded and installed the program about 3 days ago, is there supposed to be an update comming soon?
Do you know what will be updated? Last night I went to try out the navigation part of it, got to an intersection in Heber, just last summer they added a right hand turn lane that made kind of a triangle to the intersection, that was on the map, I don't see how they could get more up to date than that!
So far I have been more then happy with the program especially considering how much it costs, a great bargan.
Terry
Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Lurker

tzour is a n00b

Good idea.. Let's both make the same suggestion for a list of updated items in each update by requesting through Joel at cavalier@zorrogps.com. I am sure most users would want that list in view of the frequent updates we have seen.

Yes, ZGPS has the Nevteq Map May 2010, which should show the road constructed last summer as you indicated. If you downloaded three days ago, very likely you have the July 30 version because the August 12 version had problems with Navigator.exe. To check the version you have downloaded: menu->preferences->Preference 6 (through menu bar at the bottom) ->Version. If you see July 29 Version 5.2, the one you downloaded is the July 30 version. The August 14 version has become available for all regions except for the USA/Canada due to the broken link. I don't know what will be updated in the August 14 version, but I learn that the USA/Canada version will be available for download "in a few days" According to what I have seen in the July 30 version, however, I don't expect any major update in the August 14 version.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just went to their web site and am downloading the Aug 14 usa and canada program now!!
Terry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software