PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

poonjahb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verisign VIP Access

I downloaded this program that lets you use an app on your WinMo device as a security key to log into your PayPal and eBay accounts. The only problem is that it generates a new serial every time you reload it, which means that every time I flash my phone I would have to register a new security key with all the sites that I want to use it with. Was wondering if anyone else has played with it and perhaps figured out what files/reg keys need to be copied to keep the registered serial in between flashes.

https://vipmobile.verisign.com/home.v

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Radio: Stock
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

poonjahb is a n00b
Re: Verisign VIP Access

Well, I guess I should have tried a bit more before posting, I figured it out yesterday, so posting this in case anyone else is as hopelessly addicted to ROM upgrading as I am and would like to be able to keep the same VIP Access token number between flashes so you don't have to reregister it every time you flash.

You need to save the VIP.tok from \Application Data\VIPAccess. You also need to save the following registry keys:

HKLM\Comm\Security\Crypto\UserKeys\Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0\VipAccessKeyContainer
and
HKCU\Software\VIPAccess

The Crypto reg key and the .tok file are tied together, so you have to make sure to back them both up from the same activation. Otherwise you will get an error and the program will generate a new token ID and you will have to register it all over again with any websites you use it for (eBay, PayPal, etc.).
Old 06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Verisign VIP Access

Thanks. Most people might be like "huh?" and it's basically for anyone trying to make their PayPal transactions more secure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software