PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

dndnpc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep the screen off in my pocket

Couldn't find anything for this with a search...

How can I prevent the screen from turning on automatically for any reason, especially calls and texts?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Keep the screen off in my pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnpc View Post
Couldn't find anything for this with a search...

How can I prevent the screen from turning on automatically for any reason, especially calls and texts?
You can't prevent the screen from turning on, but you can use an app like S2U2 that can turn off the screen in 5 seconds if it is not touched. I use that for text messages, so when they come in the screen turns off after 5 seconds if I don't open the message.

BTW, moved this to the software forum so others can help as well
Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

dndnpc is a n00b

In that case, are there any other options for preventing my pants from messing with my phone when a call or text comes in? Often, I miss calls because I bump "mute" just in time to miss the ring, and I've deleted texts and changed settings in the process of getting the phone out of my pocket.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnpc View Post
In that case, are there any other options for preventing my pants from messing with my phone when a call or text comes in? Often, I miss calls because I bump "mute" just in time to miss the ring, and I've deleted texts and changed settings in the process of getting the phone out of my pocket.
S2U2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=668415) will help protect your screen from everything but phone calls. You will have to slide the slider to access anything on the phone.

When a call comes it, it supersedes any window and you will always have the same issue if you accidentally press things in your pocket
Old 06-04-2010, 07:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Visor is becoming a great contributor

S2U2 has a setting for "slide to answer". It requires you to slide so a bump is very unlikely to do anything. I'd give it a whirl and see what you think. LOTS of setting options to experiment with. You can also disable the 5 second delay. I've got mine set to lock on waking so there are no accidents.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

His stock tp2 already has slide to answer so the s2u2 slide to answer is not needed
Old 06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
His stock tp2 already has slide to answer so the s2u2 slide to answer is not needed
D'oh! Missed that.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor

there is an app called lock device....this would help you use your power button (button on top that you use to bring the screen back from sleep) to lock the phone using the default wm6.5 lock
i usually presss that button before putting it in my pocket
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Skywarp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I finally found out how to turn on the lock by holding down the "end" key.

Is there a way to make it come on automatically when the screen goes black?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

change the setting in s2u2 to lock on screen going off

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software