PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new version of opera mini! no java needed!

Opera Software launched a native version of
Opera Mini 5 beta for Windows Mobile 5- and
6-based handsets. By integrating Opera Mini with the Windows
Mobile platform, Opera is able to deliver an
optimized version of the popular Opera Mini
browser that dramatically improves
performance and the overall user experience.
While Opera Mini traditionally requires Java, the new Windows Mobile version does not,
which means that Opera Mini will work on any
Windows Mobile phone. The Opera Mini 5 beta for Windows Mobile
includes the same rich feature set as the
Java-based version. Renowned features,
including tabbed browsing, the password
manager, bookmarks and Speed Dial, are
built-in to deliver convenience while on-the- go. One of Opera Mini ’s major benefits is that it compresses data traffic by up to 90 percent,
resulting in significantly improved page-
loading and speed. This results in a
dramatically reduced data load, which can
translate to lower browsing costs when on a
pay-per-MB data plan or when on expensive roaming. "Windows Mobile deserves a mobile browser
that looks better, handles better and delivers
better than the default browser," said Dag
Olav Norem, Vice President of Products,
Opera Software. "Even though Opera has 50
million satisfied Opera Mini users, we always seek ways to improve our browser for each
and every mobile phone user out there. Now,
we are pleased to offer the world ’s most popular mobile Web browser as a native
Windows Mobile application." Download Windows Mobile 5 and 6 users can download
Opera Mini directly to their phone for free
from m.opera.com/next/ or read more at www.opera.com/mini/next/. Java is not required on the mobile phone for this
download.

This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: new version of opera mini! no java needed!

cab attached.
Attached Files
File Type: cab OperaMini5.cab (993.1 KB, 200 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I dont like that they still dont allow the screen jump by pressing left or right/2 or 8.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Woohoo! Thanks guys for the update.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

It renders a page fully zoomed. That gets quite annoying.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

anyone notice its not progressing to the next page. Kinda like the first beta. if you are in ppcgeeks for example, and try to click last page of a thread, it keeps bring up the same page. Also, it took 5 attempts to save the password. Like the new setup and I'm sure its going to get better. seems to be prevalent on ppggeeks site but is working well on some other sites. strange

Last edited by Riley; 03-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Woohoo! Thanks guys for the update.
Im intrested in your opinion with this version. Ive had a few problems trying to login to some websites. Here on the geeks, I had to click "login" 6 times before it finally took. Im guessing its server issues. It generally seems like opera mobiles little brother
dschoenike
Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Im intrested in your opinion with this version. Ive had a few problems trying to login to some websites. Here on the geeks, I had to click "login" 6 times before it finally took. Im guessing its server issues. It generally seems like opera mobiles little brother
dschoenike
thanks. well for me its behaving the same as the first operamini5 beta, before beta2. I really like the fact that it's stand alone. Hopefully somebody can tweak this up a little for us. couple other things I noticed, can't save anything to storage, and I tried downloading once and nothing happened.

Last edited by Riley; 03-04-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Wrote up an article about it and linked to this thread. Read it here
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

First. Thanks for the cab.
I like the fact that it doesn't have it's own keyboard anymore. That think would not go away in landscape and took up half the screen. Second, it would go nuts once in a while while using facebook at least and repeat a letter like 10 times while you are typing. At least for me it did. I love the password storage in the newest version. I love the fact that it opens faster than when it required java. My biggest and most important dislike is that it is slower...to me it seems that it takes almost 2 times as long if not longer to open a page. I will have to wait for my wife to get home so I can compare the two between our 2 phones but that is my initial take on it. The speed almost seems same as regular 9.5 or whatever MR X included in his latest 2.5 release. Is anybody else getting slower load times from this than in the beta 2 that was out?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software