PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
N00b

swhtownboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
spb pocket plus 4.0 (new version)

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...nshots.html?en
Old 10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

swhtownboy is a n00b
i dont like it..taking it off now
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
So far it works very well, as advertised and have not found any cons. I just installed it though...

One thing I don't understand... it seems to replace (with the exception of the Nox screen and custom Menu) Spb Shell instead of integrating with it.
It automatically removed the Spb Shell Today plugin, added the Spb Plus plugin, and even added the tabs I had set up on Shell to Pocket Plus.

Anyone else notice this?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I figured this out...

You need to unselect the option to keep Plus V4 at the top of the Today screen, soft reset, and then you'll be able to add Pocket Plus to a Shell tab.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Hey Pibe, I saw the discussion about this at WMExperts. I tried this for about a day but for the life of me just couldn't stand it. It seemed sluggish, etc. On the surface it does about the same things as MS does. I don't need another explorer....I don't need safe mode, etc. Sure...you can uninstall those things...but I just wasn't sold on it.

I'll keep MS.

late,
Coz
Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
The Enforcer

Here's my post from WMExperts, I hadn't been able to post it here due to the server issues.

Quote:
Well this version definately works well... it negates the use of Shell, so that's out.

On this first screenshot you can see a tab with HTC Home and the meters from Pocket Plus. Keep in mind this is not 2 different plugins, Pocket Plus now allows you to insert both a plugin and other items (such as shortcuts and meters) on the same tab.

Here's the second tab with Weatherpanel and PhatPhinger.

And finally, the Pocket Plus tab with shortcuts.

The button mappers works well, I have been able to map long press to some buttons that were not originally configured like that. However, it seems the OK button on the Mogul cannot be configured for long press.

The finger scroller works. It may need some work, or it may be my screen protector, but sometimes when trying to scroll down I end up clicking on an icon or shortcut.

The PIE tabs are pretty cool and work well.

I haven't used the File Explorer extensions since I use Resco on my device.

The Close button and task manager are nice to have and work well. The one thing that they could have added is that you cannot select the close button on individual apps on the task manager with the d-pad (you can do this on iLauncher), you have to use the stylus (or finger, but it's more difficult).

You can also see how much memory I had left after a soft reset on my Mogul with all these tabs loaded and other things like SIPChange and Newsbreak also loading after the reset.

So far I can say I'm happy with the app... much more than I expected it to be.

Ohhh before I forget... you can place icons all over the tab, they don't need to be aligned or anything. Don't know if this was possible on earlier versions since this is the first time I try this app.
I don't feel it sluggish. What exactly did you notice? Yeah there are a couple of things I don't need either, and it bothers me that developers keep bundling and bundling. But Spb finally did a good job reducing the app's size and allowing you turn features on and off. That has always been my major concern with Spb apps, size.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
After a soft reset my 700wx is very slow to reboot. Took about twice as long. When I would tap on the Pocket Plus tab it again would be slow to load. After install I still had 20 mb of storage memory and 36 mb of program memory...so it wasn't a memory issue.

Maybe I'll give it another try in a few weeks...we'll see.

By the way...good work over at WMExperts, Pibe.

late,
Coz
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
By the way...good work over at WMExperts, Pibe.
What did I do?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
What did I do?
Sigh. When someone gives you a compliment just say "thank you". You had some nice comments and your screen shots were very usefull!

Must you be so difficult?

late,
Coz
Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
*cough-cozisastalker-cough*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software