PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
PPC MMS Hack New Issue For 6700

I have directly downloaded the mms cab file for this hack, soft rest
the device, and have actually used it via a test to my 6700. The hack works and I recieved the mms with the link which takes you to the Sprint pictiure mail site, but an error annouces that the browser's cookies functionality is disabled and directs you to make sure cookies are enabled. Now a check of my PIE browser indicates that the allow cookies was checked. I thought about it and realized that I have already instituted a hack on my handheld via regedit to disguise PIE as Internet Explorer 6.0 running on Windows XP. I wonder if the PIE Hack is in confict with the MMS Hack? Any input to assist with this issue is appreciated.

Da Godd

Last edited by Goddbody; 09-22-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
yes it is actually...you'll have to revert back to original pocket ie settings do a search and you will find them.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Angry

Wow. thanks but I don't think the MMS Hack is worth forfeiting the PIE Hack. Anybody got axwork around to this issue?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
unfortunately no workaround unless you use netfront 3.3 to view your pm
Old 09-23-2007, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Work around for MMS issue on PPC 6700

If you install one of the programs that tweaks most ppc registry backs ffor you, you can turn off the PIE discuss as IE 6.0 at will, which brings PIE back as the default browser. When I did that I soft reset and sent MMS pics and video unabated. Whalaaa a work around after all.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks