PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Rustyman14 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Htc Touch Pro Registry Tweaks

Does anyone know how to make my txt messages longer than 150 characters??? Is there a reg edit for it??
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyman14 View Post
Does anyone know how to make my txt messages longer than 150 characters??? Is there a reg edit for it??
Not sure if its a reg edit per say, but i have the cab to set it to 160...
Attached Files
File Type: cab sms160[1].cab (1.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk
Threadstarter

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyman14 View Post
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\
set "IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to "160"
Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\
set "IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to "160"
Any clue if its possible to set higher than 160?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:09 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no not my knowledge it will send more than mess if its over 160 i think its a service thing .you can set it higher but like i said it sends 2 or more mess a friend tried it
Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

This is one to get excited about, a 7 Megapixel panorama tweak...

Quote:
HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
MainCamCaptSize to 1024 (default: 64)
MainCamSupportCaptSize to 1744 (default: 80)

This tweak will allow you to take 7MP panorama shots w/ your TP, Diamond or Touch HD! The pictures it takes (see below) actually aren't bad. Please be advised though that there is some delay taking the pictures with this tweak and the pictures that are taken are quite large 4506x1536 (6.92mp) versus 1408x480 (0.67mp)-- which means the file sizes are also larger (~1MB-2MB). However, if you're already doing a panoramic shot then I'm sure (like me) you're interested in the quality of the picture taken (rather than file size).

If you're wondering how it is taking a 3.2 MP camera and turning it into 7 MP -- it is taking multiple pictures and attaching them together to get the panoramic effect.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467616
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woods.jpg (985.7 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 30rock.jpg (755.4 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg parking_lot.jpg (113.1 KB, 54 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ksg; 08-14-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
no not my knowledge it will send more than mess if its over 160 i think its a service thing .you can set it higher but like i said it sends 2 or more mess a friend tried it

I figured 160 was the Max. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:47 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
This is one to get excited about, a 7 Megapixel panorama tweak...
It takes a lot of memory to run w/ the above setting. If you want 'better than default' but not quite 7 MP you can also try:

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 512 (Default: 64) and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 872 (Default: 80).

or even lower at:

MainCamCaptSize to 128
MainCamSupportCaptSize to 160

You can also try
HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\Captparam
Adjust OverlayRatio to 10 (from 40)

Brightness -2
Contrast +1
Saturation +2
Sharpness +1
Image quality normal

Plus you can change the stitch count (under settings > advanced > stitch count) from 3 to 6 if you want to increase the amount of pictures it stitches together to make one large picture.

There is lots to play around with in there.... It all depends on what programs you can close and how much memory you can free up!

Last edited by ksg; 08-14-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk
Threadstarter

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

ksg care to explain what changing the overlaycaptsize to 10 does?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
ksg care to explain what changing the overlaycaptsize to 10 does?
Overlay Ratio: How much of the previous picture is 'layed over' the current picture you are trying to take so as to line up you panaroma just right.

So suggesting from 40 to 10 i dont think is a good idea. If it even works. I have played with the reg entry and never saw anything change, but i much rather try to match 40% of what im looking at than 10%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks