PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to disable email/SMS notifications?

I use Treo Alert Pro and Pocketbreeze (which has a today screen email/SMS tab) and therefore have no use for the WM5 notifications where it tells you when you have new mail and puts the little envelope at the top of the screen...is there any registry hack, etc to get rid of this?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Any way to disable email/SMS notifications?

Try going to Settings/Personal/Sounds & Notifications. Select the correct "Event" (e.g., "Messaging: New e-mail message") and uncheck the box that says "Display message on screen".

That might do the trick.

late,
Coz
Old 04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Try going to Settings/Personal/Sounds & Notifications. Select the correct "Event" (e.g., "Messaging: New e-mail message") and uncheck the box that says "Display message on screen".

That might do the trick.

late,
Coz
Actually all that does is not show the actual content of the email...the popup still shows up
Old 04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I'm gonna move this to the Registry Tweaks Forum....hopefully someone there has an answer for you.

late,
Coz
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

I would like to know also. I am not a fan of the notification pop-ups.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:50 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
I use Treo Alert Pro and Pocketbreeze (which has a today screen email/SMS tab) and therefore have no use for the WM5 notifications where it tells you when you have new mail and puts the little envelope at the top of the screen...is there any registry hack, etc to get rid of this?
Absomolutely!

Email:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
Options = 0

See below, a value of zero should turn it all off.

I'm not exactly sure which key is for sms, but under each of the sub_keys HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{???-???-example-???} (about 17 of them) has the value "options" and they all seem to behave the same. Look in each one and you should be able to spot the one for SMS. Here is a breakdown of what the value "Options" does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy
Sorta looks like they are binary settings where windows is setting the bits for different options:

0001 = ring....................1 decimal
0010 = vibrate................2 decimal
0100 = flash lled..............4 decimal
1000 = display message....8 decimal

So in binary 0000-1111 would have your phone ring, vibrate, flash led, display message. I have also included the decimal values as well for those not familiar with binary. The same applies to all sounds that have that option in the personal settings tab.
Sorry, don't know about that envelope on the title bar....and did I mention this works on the 6700/6800/6900, not sure on a treo...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 04-15-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: bell

commandant83 is a n00b

would this disable the screen from turning on

because I would personally prefer if when i got an sms, (current state of phone is sleep mode) and the phone rang or vibrated or w/e depending on the ringer setting, however the screen would stay off and thats it,

my reasoning for this is because i get a lot of sms' all the time and the phone is in my pocket, the screen comes on for 1 minute and lots of times i take my phone out and find random apps open from being in my pocket.

i'll continue to try and figure something out.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandant83 View Post
would this disable the screen from turning on

because I would personally prefer if when i got an sms, (current state of phone is sleep mode) and the phone rang or vibrated or w/e depending on the ringer setting, however the screen would stay off and thats it,

my reasoning for this is because i get a lot of sms' all the time and the phone is in my pocket, the screen comes on for 1 minute and lots of times i take my phone out and find random apps open from being in my pocket.

i'll continue to try and figure something out.
I've used Slide2Unlock2 for that. But it still will bring the phone out of sleep mode and leave the screen on for a bit, but it will prevent other apps from opening while in your pocket.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Lurker

rhk0327 is a n00b

Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D65A-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}
Options = 0

See below, a value of zero should turn it all off.
my values were already 0 so I guess that doesn't work.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

djohnson7 is a n00b

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs]
"SMSNoSentMsg"=dword:00000001 ->0 to enable, 1 to disable.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks