PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Text message sent alert

figure out which sound it plays, Alarm2? and copy the silent wav to \windows\alarm2.wav

That should do it!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: cnn

lengfengfly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
figure out which sound it plays, Alarm2? and copy the silent wav to \windows\alarm2.wav

That should do it!
As I know, Alarm2.wav can neither be replaced nor be modified.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

The regedit for this....

HKEY_Current_User\ControlPanel\Notifications\Defau lt
Wave = "\windows\alarm2.wav"

///Change it to whatever *.wav file you wish!

...will change/silence the text message sent sound if you still want the bubble.

And if your cooking a Rom
\Kitchen_Dir\Sys\Shell is where you'll find alarm2.wav, I replace mine with silent.wav.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:22 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.bell View Post
Here is a cab that I have. I did not create it and can not for the life of me locate who did at this time. But, whoever did this, they did one fine job at it.
Thanks for posting that cab. it works, thanks to how put it together...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ppc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

tburn421 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to tburn421

So if i downloaded the one for removing the sent message all together then would it still show the notice if it wasnt sent??
Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburn421 View Post
So if i downloaded the one for removing the sent message all together then would it still show the notice if it wasnt sent??
NO.. it does not.. but if you don't like it then you can remove it. start/settings/system/remove programs.

P.S so just give it a try...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ppc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

tburn421 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to tburn421

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
NO.. it does not.. but if you don't like it then you can remove it. start/settings/system/remove programs.

P.S so just give it a try...
thanks this is a great site.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro

fisherdoc597 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Thanks for posting that cab. it works, thanks to how put it together...
Thank you, it worked for my treo pro as well...been going crazy looking for a fix to this message sent alert.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburn421
I did the reg edit to remove the message sent notification and if a message isnt sent it says "message not sent" "retry?" underneath the message. just putting that out there if thats y u r asking...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks