PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell & Telus

3sgtetouch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 3sgtetouch Send a message via Yahoo to 3sgtetouch
Just a few questions.....

Hi guys I know I don't post much here, but I do read alot. So I'm hoping you guys read enough on here too so that you can answer a few questions that were asked to me. Please.
Let me know what you guys think.

- What are the 3+ things that make WM from Blackberrry?
- What are the 3 things that make a blackberry better(I don't think its possible but meh)?
- How would you make it WM better?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work
Re: Just a few questions.....

If I'm not mistaken... I think Blackberry's run Windows Mobile, so I don't exactly understand your question...

*EDIT*

Nevermind, I just did some research and found that they are in fact different. I don't know much of anything about blackberry. Sorry. Disregard this post.

Last edited by Link9228; 06-08-2009 at 12:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:29 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

only positive for blackberry is instant email without excessive battery drain, but you do have to pay for the service soo...

otherwise everything's better on wm (imo)

hopefully wm7 will make wm better.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

From my brief research, it would appear that blackberrys have better battery life, better tools for getting things setup quickly, and overall a more responsive and noob friendly device. Windows Mobile has the advantage in media and 3rd party app support, and they both tied as far as email was concerned.

Oh, blackberry's seem to load webpages faster, but they aren't as 'pretty' as they are on WinMo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I prefer WinMo for the fact that sooo many people develop apps for it and make them easily available to the public for little or no charge at all....Most of us appreciate their efforts and in my opinion, anything that can be done on a blackberry can be done on WinMo cheaper and sometimes better. I guess I just prefer the tweakability of the WinMo platform over the blackberry lockdown tactic lol

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

yeah most apps for the bb you have to pay for. where you could probably find 300 apps for FREE. I only have 3 pay apps.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell & Telus
Threadstarter

3sgtetouch is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to 3sgtetouch Send a message via Yahoo to 3sgtetouch

So aside from the thousands of free apps, and the tweakability. Nothing else makes windows mobile better.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

idk just read up on the tp and then go try one out. thats what i did and i ended up loving it. took me a month to get used to it cuz i had dumb phones for 5 years but yeah its a sweet phone man.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Well, I have both devices. My Curve is my backup. What I have to say is that BB is only better in the email department (with the add BB service) and WM is really pretty much up to par with that respect to if you us an e-server. I mean yeah, if I didn't want to customize my device and wanted a device for email ONLY I would get a BB. But, when looking for a device for overall use its WM all the way.

So .......
1= many more than three. Roms, software, well the list can go on.
2= there is not.
3= still pondering this one.......cause the only other thing I want is video chatting(and I think thats a limit of my network alone.)

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sgtetouch View Post
So aside from the thousands of free apps, and the tweakability. Nothing else makes windows mobile better.
There's just tooo many things to list that makes windows mobile better.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development