PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Carrier: Sprint

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Unhappy WisBar Advance 3 - trouble making an OEM

Has anyone done this successfully? I've been trying to get it right for a few hours now with no luck ...

It cooks, burns, and runs OK but when I open the Theme Manager control panel applet I get no icons ...

Apparently whatever I'm missing is affecting WA3's ability to internally load a theme as well, because I have included all the registry keys necessary in my OEM so that WA3 uses a custom theme on my storage card ... But it still loads the default theme ...

I've compared registry dumps from a clean flash with my OEM cooked in, to dumps from right after I install with a .CAB, and they are almost identical.

I've gone through all the files in the original .CAB to make sure that they had all been accounted for and they seem fine..

I was messing around a bit with SKTracker to look for any other changes made by Setup.DLL that I might be missing, but no luck there... I don't think SKTracker will show files that have been added to the file-system anyway, so it's not much help ...

I'm stumped ... If anyone else has gotten WA3 into an OEM successfully please share your secrets ..

Last edited by volDeus; 05-15-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Re: WisBar Advance 3 - trouble making an OEM

Solved ... WA3 was looking in a strange place for it's install path when it loaded the Theme Manager applet ... A reg key I usually comment out of my .RGU so my OEMs don't show up in the installed applications list ..

In any event, I un-commented the key and it's working fine now ...

I made OEMs of Spb MS3, WA3, TouchResponse, S2U2, Sprite Backup, and SKTools today!!! Sorry I'm proud of myself
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development