PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

BlaqueMann is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Express

I got my daughter one of those EEEE PC's by Asus wich is basically a notebook with no HD or CD. Because of the 2 gig min, I can't install Outlook on it so she can sync her Mogul, but it does have Outlook Express, is it possible to sync to OE?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Outlook Express

I dont think so....I believe it only sync's w/ Outlook
Old 01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no worky bro, need outlook in ms office. i tried it
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Lightbulb Re: Outlook Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqueMann View Post
I got my daughter one of those EEEE PC's by Asus wich is basically a notebook with no HD or CD. Because of the 2 gig min, I can't install Outlook on it so she can sync her Mogul, but it does have Outlook Express, is it possible to sync to OE?
Two ideas:

I believe you can buy a SD card to add in it as a 2nd drive for more space, though it might be slow...

I believe you can sync Outlook Express with some of the free email services like Hotmail... Sync the PPC online to something like Yahoo or Hotmail via the appropiate PPC program (should be free), then sync OE on the EEE PC to the same account online... It's a kludge, but it should work...
Old 01-29-2009, 11:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

BlaqueMann is just getting started

thanx, will give it a go.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Be sure to report back if it works...
Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
Two ideas:

I believe you can buy a SD card to add in it as a 2nd drive for more space, though it might be slow...

I believe you can sync Outlook Express with some of the free email services like Hotmail... Sync the PPC online to something like Yahoo or Hotmail via the appropiate PPC program (should be free), then sync OE on the EEE PC to the same account online... It's a kludge, but it should work...
I sync Outlook with Yahoo via their sync tool all the time. I like it because it makes for an easy backup of my device contacts to the web.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
I sync Outlook with Yahoo via their sync tool all the time. I like it because it makes for an easy backup of my device contacts to the web.
i heard of this being possible, but never confirmed it..thanx
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development