PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker

komplicated is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TV Remote Programs

I recently purchased tv remote control 5.7 from handango.com, I installed it & registered it. However, everytime I try to work it(pushing any button) the prgoram crashes. How can I fix this? CaN I fix this? Does anyone have this program & if so does it run good on your 6700?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

komplicated is a n00b
program

ok I went back and checked and the program is unsupported by the 6700 so people dont purchase this program it doesnt work on the 6700 the one that I see that does work is Novi Remote Control II it works but its a whopping $37 and some change. unless someone knows how to get it cheaper(FREE)?????
Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dienalive is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dienalive

well I could be wrong but when you say novii remote control II I think you are referring to 2 separate programs. novii has 2 remotes the classic and super duper. WinCESoft’s Remote Control II is a great application. I've used all 3 but if I remember correctly remote control II supports landscape mode. all 3 are cool gadgets to have but you'll only get a few feet of distance with your phone. doesn't work as good as a real remote. hope I don't sound like an idiot.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

komplicated is a n00b
no we are talking about the same application. I had bought tv remote control and later went back and checked and it was unsupported by 6700. So then I looked again and found Novi remote Control II which was supported by 6700 but I had already wasted my money on the other program!!! sadly, so I download a trial verison of novi and it works great. The ranges is between 2-4 feet. which is good for me but the only problem is getting it for free!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komplicated
no we are talking about the same application. I had bought tv remote control and later went back and checked and it was unsupported by 6700. So then I looked again and found Novi remote Control II which was supported by 6700 but I had already wasted my money on the other program!!! sadly, so I download a trial verison of novi and it works great. The ranges is between 2-4 feet. which is good for me but the only problem is getting it for free!!!
When you purchased the original program did they list the 6700 has a supported device? If so, maybe they could work out something with you on the second application.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hmm

ok. I've never heard of novii remote control II. can you link me? I know novii remote and novii remote deluxe and wince remote control II. but no novii remote II! I would like to try it out.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Re: reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienalive
all 3 are cool gadgets to have but you'll only get a few feet of distance with your phone. doesn't work as good as a real remote.
True with most devices, but its a two-way street. If the IR reciever is good enough, you can get some pretty good distance. Case and point, I use Novii Deluxe for my Nikon D70. I can get a little over 15ft away from my camera before it stops working.

Drew
Old 05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wow. i use the 6700 to control my tv tuner, dvd surround sound, lights, thermostat, and many others and none get 15 ft. wish they received as well as your camera.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
N00b

drdrewusaf is a n00b
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, but I like to brag about my success w/ my camera. With most devices I get about 4-6 ft. I almost peed myself when my camera just kept going.

Drew
Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wow

that is freakin awesome. I'm gonna check my camera and video cameras when I get home. ok, is there a novii remote control II? if so can someone link me. google doesn't bring up anything.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development