PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Illinois Valley Cellular

Novicaine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question My work in progress: Native Callwave "Visual Voicemail" app...

FIRST - Callwave is a voicemail server for like $15 a month for how I use it, you forward missed/busy calls from your phone to them and they record your messages, send you a sms with it converted to text, send you an email with it in mp3 or whatever format you like and give you Vista / Google / Yahoo / and Macintosh little widgets to read & listen to calls on your PC or browser. And you can screen calls, even on your phone. I'm not trying to advertise for them, I've read a lot of bad reviews, but personally, it beats my carrier's $5 per month voicemail hands down, for my use.

ANYWAY ON TO MY APP --

I'm working on this little application that shows you all your Callwave messages by using your data connection to contact the Callwave servers and login to your account and download your messages and their VTXT (message converted to text).

I'm not 100% convinced there's a point to spending more time on it, because Callwave will email you your message in an email attachment. But I wrote it because it's kind of neat... I see I get a missed call, then I run this app, and either delete it or play it. I can view all my old calls, deleted calls, etc.

One of the things I kind of wanted it to do is update the Today screen with things like turning on the message light, and displaying "3 unheard voicemails".

I'll attach a screenshot. The "N" and "S" next to the messages mean "New/Unread" and "Saved/Read". I need to replace those with icons.

Anyone have any comments, thoughts, or suggestions? Encouragement?
Does this seem interesting to any other callwave users? Are there any Callwave users that use PPC devices?

THANKS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CallwavePPC-screenshot1.jpg (55.9 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CallwavePPC-screenshot2.jpg (58.5 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Novicaine; 11-06-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Added 2nd screenshot
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: wing
Carrier: t-mobile

pana1 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to pana1 Send a message via MSN to pana1 Send a message via Yahoo to pana1
Re: My work in progress: Native Callwave "Visual Voicemail" app...

Seems Like A Nice App. Only Thing Is I Dont Know Too Many People That Use Or Even Heard Of Callwave And From What You Said About Them Sending You Emails Anyway It Seems A Little Redundant.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

stogchris81 is just getting started

i stay away from most apps that i have to pay for. 99 a month is enough for me. but ideas like this make people rich. good work!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

screamlordbyron is a n00b

There's another very similar service called YouMail which is free. (I used CallWave during the Beta, but switched to YouMail when CallWave went pay.)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development