PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ang1dust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yahoo Mail

I recently have had problems getting Hotmail to load on office 2007 or on my phone. I have heard that they removed the ability to link it through outlook. I recently downloaded windows live wich was able to put my mail into my phone. It works great. now i am wondering if anyone knows if theres a widget or program that will set up a Rocketmail (yahoo) even though they do not support outlook.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cayjominara is a n00b
Re: Yahoo Mail

I used imap4 to setup yahoo on my tp2, instead of pop settings. When you set up your mail, fo to messaging and select setup new email. On the first page type a bogus email address in the first box, such as "A@B". In the password box, type in your true email account password.On the next page uncheck the "Try to get e-mail settings..."box. On the next page, your email provider is the Internet. THe next page is for your name and such. On the next page select imap4 as the account type. Your incoming mail server would be imap.mail.yahoo.com. When you input your account user name, it should be in the username@yahoo.com format (your full email address). The SMTP setting should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Make sure to check the outgoing server needs authentication box. Click "advanced server settings" and check both ssl boxes. The rest of the pages are for custom email setings. That should work for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon w/ BigCo0ie 23563 ROM

crsa3000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayjominara View Post
I used imap4 to setup yahoo on my tp2, instead of pop settings. When you set up your mail, fo to messaging and select setup new email. On the first page type a bogus email address in the first box, such as "A@B". In the password box, type in your true email account password.On the next page uncheck the "Try to get e-mail settings..."box. On the next page, your email provider is the Internet. THe next page is for your name and such. On the next page select imap4 as the account type. Your incoming mail server would be imap.mail.yahoo.com. When you input your account user name, it should be in the username@yahoo.com format (your full email address). The SMTP setting should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Make sure to check the outgoing server needs authentication box. Click "advanced server settings" and check both ssl boxes. The rest of the pages are for custom email setings. That should work for you.
Do you use Yahoo Mail Plus? or is it a free account? I've tried your approach a number of times with my free yahoo account and it doesn't seem to work. I get an error saying "Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then, Try to download messages again."
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

I use this on my phone and I can send/receive fine with no problem:

incoming - imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Make sure both boxes are checked for the outgoing/smtp server. your username will be your full email address
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon w/ BigCo0ie 23563 ROM

crsa3000 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Yahoo Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
I use this on my phone and I can send/receive fine with no problem:

incoming - imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Make sure both boxes are checked for the outgoing/smtp server. your username will be your full email address

Thanks for the instructions! worked great...
Old 12-13-2009, 01:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsa3000 View Post
Thanks for the instructions! worked great...
No prob! Took me a while to find settings that worked right for a free yahoo account lol Good 'ole iPhone settings from the iPhone saved the day
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Bostonbull is a n00b

does this give you yahoo emails in full color like they would be on a desktop?

I would like to find an app, or settings that alow me to modigy email, with color text, and pictures, from my device.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

itisagoodname is a n00b

It still gives me errors for yahoo, could not send message, check that you have network coverage or that your account information is correct.

It receives e-mail just fine but can't send.

auto-settings gave me smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com so i changed it to smtp.mail.yahoo.com and it still does not send.

any input?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Cricket

CriketDaniel is a n00b

Ok... This seems to work and my e-mails download only when I am hooked up to my computer with active sync. But how do I get my phone to download using my Wap/web???
The rom I am using is Tp2 "Mighty Rom" with cricket service. Everything else works without a flaw except e-mail.
When I am not connected with my computer the little box pops up saying to check my connections... I know my connections are right because everything works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software