PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Action Screen

Found this while I was perusing XDA's Rhodium section. For some of you that loved an action screen while using your TP (not toilet paper...HAHAHA)

Anyway...here's the link

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Action Screen

i posted in that thread also. i used that action screen and modded it a little to suit how i use my phone heres a pic of it:

as of now the wifi button starts the htc wifi router & gps button starts googlemap
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i posted in that thread also. i used that action screen and modded it a little to suit how i use my phone heres a pic of it:

as of now the wifi button starts the htc wifi router & gps button starts googlemap
Id like a little cab or config file or whatever on how you did that...

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

sure

for editing reg and making cab i used WinCE Cab Manager
(TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THIS TOOL)
for converting the brn files i used THIS
to edit the images i used Gimp
and i started with the dusk action screen as a base which can be found HERE

no for what todo (i apoligize im not the best at explaining this stuff, makes sense in my head and hopefully it will to you):

-the orginal images within the action screen cab are .brn images, i converted them to .bmp and edited them with gimp.

-the image i posted is the AS_Bkgd_1.brn image. all of that is one picture, the text, buttons and background are all one. after you convert them you can edit it to how u please.

-the other .brn files in the cab are for when the buttons are actually pressed, you can tell by their names which the refer to.

-To change the links (say you want to use iGO instead of Google Maps, for example) you'll need to edit the registry.
Open HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScreen\APP_0-12. Each number corresponds to a button.
Change Path to point to your desired application.
If needed change Param to pass parameters to the application.

Learned from THIS POST

if that isnt clear enough i can help you out more.

i attached the cab of my action screen if anyone wants to give it a go. in addition to launching wifi router and google maps, notes goes to One Note Mobile. Also mine of course has the soft reset button, on the original once that key is pressed a confirm box pops up. with mine there is no confirm box, you press it you soft reset automatically. if you want to change that, the reg key is located at:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Biotouch\ActionScr een\APP_10]
"Param"="/s"

in addition on the tf3d home screen the right softkey will be action and the left will go to the manila contacts screen.

HOPE IT HELPS

I am looking to take this a bit further as well. for the add contact, new sms/mms/email etc, when pressed they goto the stock winmo interface, i would like them to instead stay in the manila interface. can anyone help me out with that??
Attached Files
File Type: cab redd214 Action Screen.cab (206.1 KB, 136 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by redd214; 10-19-2009 at 09:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Back

just found a more detailed tutorial than my hack job lol, here ya go
Creating your own Action Screen
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

is there a way you can make a 18 button dusk action screen?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Back

got a couple other things im workin on now but i will see if i can make one, shouldnt be too hard
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

any luck with the 18 dusk action screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software